Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our 25 Days of Christmas! {Day 1}

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Earlier this week we started pulling out our Christmas decorations. Ashlynn loved our Mickey and Minnie carolers. She grabbed Mickey and said "picture! cheese!" So of course I grabbed the camera and took a picture of our sweet girl.


Dawson started helping Dave put up the tree but that only lasted a minute or two. I went to grab the camera to get a picture of the two of them putting it up and by the time I had gotten back Dawson was done helping but Ashlynn wanted to help. She didn't last very long either but I did get a picture of her helping! (And Dawson getting out of there! I tried to talk him into helping just one more time so I could get a picture but he wasn't having it.)


We had to do a lot of rearranging furniture just to get our tree up. I can't wait until we have a bigger place!

After Dave got the tree up and the lights on it the four of us decorated it while eating fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies! Yum! Here's picture of Dawson's and Ashlynn's ornaments from this year. Dawson got Lightning McQueen. His headlights light up and Dawson LOVES it!


Ashlynn got this pretty ballerina ornament. It plays music and the ballerina twirls around. And Ashlynn loves hers! She will put her arms up and twirl around when she hears the music (I REALLY need to get a picture of that!)


I had saw a tutorial on pinterest about how to take great pictures of your Christmas tree so after we had it all set up I started playing around with the camera (my first time EVER in manual mode) and started snapping pictures of the kids and tree. I LOVE this picture that I got. It would be perfect if the kids' faces were more clear, I'm definitely a beginner, I have a lot to learn when it comes to working our camera in manual mode.


As soon as I got this picture I was like we need to get Dawson in his Christmas pjs and I need to try and get a picture like that again!! Of course it didn't happen, I think this picture is pretty cute, though.


Overall Ashlynn has been more excited over all this Christmas stuff than Dawson has been. Except for when it comes to Christopher Pop-In-Kins, an elf that is visiting us from the North Pole! When Dawson first saw him on our bookshelf he was SO excited. He kept asking if he was real or not and kept asking how he got here. I wish we would have had the video camera out, it was so cute to see him so excited. Christopher has been here for 4 or 5 days now and the first thing Dawson has asked me every morning since our elf has been here is if he can go find Christopher! He's in a new place every day and Dawson loves looking for him. Today he was hanging out on our kitchen table eating some cereal.


Last year my dad and Carrie got us this advent calendar and we've decided to put it to use this year! :) (You can also see where Christopher was hanging out a couple of days ago)


That's a bad picture. I think I still had the camera in manual mode, it really is a nice advent calendar. I made a list of things that we are going to do for the next 25 days. Once I had everything planned out I typed them out and printed them.


Then I rolled them up and put them in the calendar. Some days (I think 5 total) have a Christmas joke on the paper and on those days there will be a little treat hiding in the advent calendar for the kids to eat. I plan on updating our blog with everything that we've been up to this month! We have a lot of fun stuff to do!

Dawson opened the first door on the calendar today and the card told us we were going to be making a countdown chain to Christmas! I know the advent calendar is also a countdown to Christmas but we've made a few countdown things over the last few months and Dawson loves taking a piece off of them everyday. So I got the paper ready for our countdown chain and then Dawson put the glue on each piece, Ashlynn helped a couple of times by handing Dawson the next piece of paper, and I put the chain together. Here it is all finished!


I'll be back soon with some non-Christmas updates and I'll update every few days with more from our 25 days of Christmas excitement! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Jamie! Ashlynn sounds like Gavin, he'll also say cheese when he wants a picture taken. I also need to find a Cars ornament like Dawson's, Gavin would love it as another Cars lover!

Unknown said...

How fun! You're the coolest mom. :)