Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 31, 2012

Our Last Post of 2012!!

2012 is almost over! It's just after 9pm right now and the kids are all nestled and snug in their beds, while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads... Oh wait, wrong holiday! But Dawson did tell me that before he went to bed. He said, "mom, I am going to have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head tonight. That means I am going to have sweet dreams." That's my smart cookie! Another cute thing he said to me the other day was "After you and dada are done being married I want to marry you." Awww!! He's such a little sweetheart. I told him that me and dada were going to married forever and that I was going to be his mommy forever. He seemed happy with that answer. :) Another thing that I thought was funny and clever of him... last night after I tucked him into bed he came out into the living room twice trying to get out of going to sleep. I tucked him back in and told him if I saw him get out of bed again he wouldn't be able to play on the Wii the next day. As I was walking out of his room he said, "Wait! Wait! Mom, so only if you SEE me get out of bed I can't play the Wii?" I couldn't be serious after that and started cracking up laughing. I posted this on facebook the other day but I want it in the blog so we can look back and remember it forever: Me, Dave and Ashlynn are in the living room, Dawson is in his room playing.
Dave: *yelling* Dawson we are going to watch Monsters, Inc. and eat popcorn, come out here with us.
Dawson: What? I can't hear you! If you want to talk to me come in here! *lol* That also had me laughing pretty hard. When Dawson is playing in his room he'll yell for me sometimes and if I'm busy doing something I will yell back "I can't hear you! Come out here if you want to talk to me!" I've said it a million times before and I will say it again, he may look like Dave but he is totally a mini me! I sure do love that kid!


Ashlynn has been talking a lot more lately! I can't believe our baby girl is going to be two years old in just over a week! For the longest time Ashlynn didn't really play with much. She would just wander around the house and hang out with me and Dave. Well those days are over. She LOVES to play. She loves to rock her babies, look at books, play with her princess castle (a fav of hers), drive her car around with a baby by her side (another favorite thing she loves to do), she loves to dance, and watch Mickey, Doc, and Little Einsteins. She also loves to watch any Disney movie with me. She is such a sweet little princess but she can be a wild one, too! She is much more of a climber than Dawson ever was. She climbs into her high chair (we have to make sure her tray is on there or she'll climb up there when we're not right behind her, scary!), and she's very independent. Like climbing into her high chair, she won't let us put her in, she has to do it. Same with climbing on the couch. I often ask her if she needs help and her reply is almost always "I got it." *lol* She loves being a princess. She'll say "princess me" and will be pointing to herself. Tonight as we were eating dinner I sneezed and she said "bless you!" I told her thank you and she said "welcome." I love my sweet girl. :)  She adores Dawson and loves to play with him. They race each other down the hall and think it's hilarious. Usually it's Dawson who asks Ashlynn if she wants to race but yesterday I saw her grab his hand and start pulling him toward the hall and she asked "race?" And of course Dawson wanted to!

I'm pretty sure I could go on and on about my little loves (and I will, that's what this blog is for!) but for now I will just wrap it up with some random pictures that are on my phone.

I've got a picture like this from at least a year ago, this one is from a few days ago. They still like to hold hands while we're in the car. 



Here's our little climber. She was on her way down, she was sitting on top of the back of the couch. *sigh*


Just because.

Ashlynn has always liked to suck the water out of the washcloth while she's in the bath. I don't let her do it after we've used the washcloth... anyway, this is their little "Lady and the Tramp moment" with a washcloth instead of spaghetti. haha

 My cute little monsters.


My Broncos fans!


She looks like a little snow princess. :)


Ashlynn loves playing with her new barbies and I love seeing my babies in their robes. Why did we not buy them robes sooner?! They look so cute running around in them! Ashlynn asks to wear hers often, I love it. :)


And my little man in his robe. He doesn't like to wear his as much but I talk him into it every now and then. :)


Dawson doesn't look very happy in this picture but both kids were laughing and having so much fun! Dawson still hasn't been able to drive the truck he got from Santa because there is so much snow outside, so he has fun driving (or riding) around in Ashlynn's.


I love my little family. Dave is working tonight but will have the next 3 days off! Yay!! I'm going to take tomorrow off, too, so we can spend some family time together. 2012 has been a wonderful year for us, we feel very thankful and blessed for everything and all the time we are able to spend together. And I know 2013 is going to be just as great. :) No matter what we are doing or where we are, as long as we have each other we're perfect.

No comments: