Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Goofy Goobers

I have some funny kids. I'm sure it's well known to everyone that Dawson has a huge obsession with the movie Cars and Cars 2. He has TONS of Cars diecast cars and he loves them all. He's watched Cars probably one hundred times, but just recently when Mater and McQueen are tractor tipping Dawson laughs hysterically. Tonight while he was going potty he called me into the bathroom and he was laughing. Then he said, "When McQueen and Mater are tractor tipping McQueen calls Mater a baby, that's so funny isn't it? *he's laughing hysterically* He's not a baby, he's a TOW TRUCK! That's the funniest joke ever!" Then we both sat in the bathroom laughing our butts off because I thought it was funny that he thought it was so funny, and you know, laughter is contagious. We couldn't stop laughing. He kept telling me that McQueen is so funny. I think Dawson is so funny. And awesome. And entertaining. And great. I could go on and on. :)

Ashlynn was being super funny tonight when she was supposed to be sleeping. A half hour or so after I put her bed she started calling for me... "Mommy! Mommy" She knows how to get me. I swear she only calls me "mommy" when she wants me to do something that she knows I normally wouldn't. And she's got me hook, line, and sinker. Gets me every time. I can't deny that sweet little voice, my sweet little girl. Anyway, so I go into her room and she starts talking up a storm. Pointing to all of her stuffed animals, naming them, telling me she has two blankets, wants to give hugs and kisses. Saying any and everything because she wants me to stay in her room because she doesn't want to sleep. And she was being so cute that I humored her for awhile. She randomly held her binky out in front of her and something caught her eye. She got REALLY serious and just stared at it. Then she said "happy face!" I looked at her binky and sure enough there is a "happy face" on there! I ran to grab the camera because she looked so cute staring at her binky in amazement at her awesome discovery, but of course as soon as I got back in the room she was over it and had her binky in her mouth. This is the best picture I could get of it, you'll have to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see better. The two holes are it's "eyes" and under the part that she sucks on there is a "smile." (Her binky is a little sideways)


I told her I was trying to get a picture of the happy face and then she gave me her happy face.


And then her silly face. <3


Yep, she's my goofy goober. I was glad that she called me into her room. We talked, laughed, and had fun for a good twenty minutes before she calmed down a little (she was hyper!) and I told her it was time to lay down and go night night. As she was talking to me and laughing I just kept thinking about how lucky I am to be able to experience moments like this. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

*I also took a little bit of video if her but it's too long to post here. I'll definitely have to show my dad and Dave, though. Ashlynn dances like a ballerina but she will only do it when me and Dawson are around. She won't even do it for Dave!! If we ask her to she'll look at Dave (or my dad if he's here) and will get a smile on her face and run away. I don't know if she's shy or embarrassed or what but her dancing is the sweetest thing! And I got her on video dancing like a ballerina tonight. *sigh* Makes my heart swim to see her smile as she dances.

No comments: