Dawson had his 15 month checkup yesterday. He weighs 25lbs 6oz which puts him in the 60th percentile for weight and he is 32 inches long which puts him in the 80th percentile for length.
His pediatrician says he should be saying 2-4 words by now... I told him he is saying way more than that. Then he asked what words he could say and I started listing them all. He was very impressed and told me that Dawson has the vocabulary of at least an 18 month old. I also told him about how Dawson said "hi papa" and "mama there" the other day and he was really blown away by that. He said it is awesome that he is already thinking like that and putting words together.
He also asked about how Dawson was eating and I told him he does pretty good but he used to eat a lot better. And I have the hardest time with breakfast. He said although he is not concerned with his weight at all he would recommend that I mix some Carnation breakfast in with his milk every morning just to add a few more calories into his day.
I thought he was supposed to get shots yesterday (and actually I still think and wish they would have given them to him) but apparently they do things different than other doctors do. I just barely switched to this pediatrician a couple of months ago (and honestly I regret it) so we didn't see him for Dawson's 12 month checkup. Well his new pediatrician said that he would normally give the shots that Dawson got at 12 months at 15 months and the shots that I thought he would get yesterday he doesn't give until 18 months. I asked a few of my friends and even looked it up online and from everything that I have read and heard he was supposed to get shots at yesterday's appointment.
I called to see if I could bring him back in to get them (it took me over an hour to get a hold of anyone) and they told me no, they don't give those until 18 months. So I decided to just wait until we are back in San Diego and I'll make him an appointment there and get him caught up again.
I think that's about it for his appointment.
My aunt, uncle and cousins from Denver are here visiting and we all went out to breakfast this morning. Dawson kept looking over at Desi (my aunt) and saying "my mama" and then he would lean over and give me hugs and kisses. It was so sweet. And I was so surprised! I didn't teach him that. I know I've said "my baby" before and given him loves, but I don't say it all the time. I can't believe he picked up on it and knows what it means! Desi started teasing him a little bit and would pull me over to her and say "my mama" and Dawson would reach for me and say "my mama" over and over again. It was so sweet.
He's also added a few more words to his vocabulary since I last posted a list. And these are words that he will say on his own when he sees a ball or whatever. He's not copying what I say, he just knows what they are.
bath
car
ball
And I know he has known what those words are for a long time when I have said them, but now he is saying them on his own. I think that puts him right around 20 words. I need to make a list and count them again.


No comments:
Post a Comment