Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moving

Dawson is taking a nap so I've finally got a couple minutes to update our blog!

I'll start off with some pictures that I just took of Dawson. When I laid him down for his nap he was a little whiny but he wasn't crying so I decided just to listen to him over the monitor. After a couple minutes it got quiet so I went to check on him and this is how I found him...


I thought it was cute that he got comfy in the corner of the bed. I had to take the pictures without a flash because I didn't want to wake him up and I tried to lighten them up a little with photoshop. The quality isn't that great but I think they are cute pictures anyway.

I put a deposit down on an apartment in Utah yesterday! Dawson and I are going to be moving back there for the 6 months that Dave is deployed. I'm excited to be moving back but I am also really sad that Dave isn't going to be able to come with us.

When Dave's deployment is over, at the beginning of next year, me and Dawson will move back to San Diego again. Moving is going to suck but it will be so worth it, so me and Dawson can be close to family while Dave is gone.

Dave's ship has been gone for almost 2 weeks and we still have almost 2 weeks until he's home...I'm already having a tough time being here by myself, I know I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it for 6 months!

We have a lot to do before we move! I want to have a yard sale and get rid of most of our furniture. All of our furniture is really old! Hopefully we can make a little bit of money to put towards new furniture! I'm really not looking forward to packing. I have a feeling that I am going to throw away a lot of stuff (or put it in the yard sale!) that we haven't used or even SEEN in years! I want to pack and move as little as possible. I'm tired of having so much stuff/junk.

I think we should be in Salt Lake by the 24th or 25th of next month. We'll unpack all of our stuff and get settled into the apartment and then we are going to drive to Denver to visit Dave's family. I also have a little bit of family in Denver so it will be nice to see them, too.

I better wrap this up, Dawson is awake already! I think his nap only lasted about 15 minutes which really doesn't surprise me. He usually sleeps on his belly so when I saw him on his back I figured it wasn't going to last.

2 comments:

Dave said...

That's funny he moved himself like that. His hair looks thicker than when I left too.
I'm glad you guys are going to be able to go back to Utah while I'm gone. Its going to make it much easier and help the time go faster.

Anonymous said...

he is the cutest baby boy ever!! I love him so much! I miss you too and can't wait til you move back! I love you!! - ArikaDawn(: