Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

7 Months Old

Our baby boy is 7 months old today! I can't believe how much he has grown and how much he has learned in just 7 months! He is such a fun, smart, happy and active baby boy! I (we) feel so blessed to have him.

As I posted in the last couple of blogs he has recently learned to scoot (or drag) himself across the floor. I thought I was chasing him around a lot when he just knew how to roll...that is nothing compared to now! I can't even completely empty the dishwasher before he's getting into something that he's not supposed to. It seems like he always goes for the dvd player or the wii fit when I am not looking.

He has also started to get on his knees and rock back and forth a little bit...I don't think it's going to be long before he starts crawling. I'm hoping he will wait until Dave gets back (in less than 2 weeks!) before he learns to crawl. I get so excited and happy when he learns new things but at the same time it makes me sad that Dave is not here to see it too. :-(

He still can't sit up for more than a couple minutes before he falls over but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon. Just before I put him down for his nap he was playing on the floor and it looked like he was trying to sit himself up! He tried 4 or 5 times before I finally helped him sit up...and then he fell over. *lol*

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures that I took of him today while he was sitting on mommy and daddy's bed:



I also added a new picture to the right side of our blog.

4 comments:

Dave said...

It's been an incredible year, and even more the last 7 months! I don't know how we got so lucky for such a perfect baby but we did so I'm going to soak up every second of it I can. I'll be home soon!

Anonymous said...

7 Months has went by so fast! He has just grown so fast. Such a smart, handsome, happy baby. =) Love the new picture. So cute! **Brandee**

Anonymous said...

He's so big now!! I like the pics you have on the side, it really shows how much he is growing and learning! Can't wait to see you guys again!!!

Tomcat in the Kitchen said...

You two have a beautiful son! He's a little cutie. I can tell that the two of you are very happy. You three make a beautiful little family.