Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Here, It's Here, It's Here!!!

Dawson's convertible car seat is HERE! Yay! He's not quite ready to move out of his infant seat yet but I am so happy knowing that when he is ready to make the switch, we are prepared!

It's a Britax Boulevard and I am so in love with this seat! I've been researching and pricing car seats for months now and I really feel confident that our little man is going to be safe while riding in the car.

One of the things that I LOVE about this car seat is that Dawson is going to be able to stay rear facing until he is 35 pounds! (Or until his head is an inch away from the top of the shell and you'll see in a minute that he has plenty of room to grow.) They say that a car seat can be turned around once the child reaches 1 year of age and is at least 20 pounds but it's much safer for them to stay rear facing until they reach the maximum weight (or height) limit that the seat allows for rear facing. I am a strong believer in extended rear facing!

Also this seat can hold forward facing kids up to 65 pounds! So we're going to have this car seat for quite a while. It was a little expensive but I bought it when it was on sale, plus I had a coupon code so I was able to save almost $80!

Here is Dawson trying out his new seat:


He wasn't very happy that I put him in it but I was so excited when it came today that I couldn't resist! :-)

Here is pic of Dawson showing off the spongebob hat and pj's that dada got him.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Think he'll be ready for the seat by the time I get home?

I can't get over the hat. As soon as I put it on him at the store I knew I had to get it :-)

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! That's a pretty neat car seat.

kathy pennington said...

oh i luv that outfit and hat he is sooo handsome!ya that carseat will last him along time....good job mommy.xoxo

LuckyBrandee said...

That car seat is going to last forever! Awesome. So cute in his PJ's and Hat.