Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Randomness.

 Ashlynn started drinking out of a big girl cup a couple of weeks ago. She still uses her sippy cup most of the time but as long as we are sitting there with her, or if she's in her high chair, we are trying to let her practice with a cup. She does a REALLY good job with it. I can't remember exactly when we let Dawson start drinking from a cup but I know there was no way it was before he was 2!! Ashlynn is a lot more mellow than Dawson was, though, and I think that makes a big difference.


She is so proud of herself. :)


I've been in the mood to experiment a little with cake pops. This weekend I made a yellow butter cake and mixed in a teaspoon of cinnamon before baking it. Then I whipped up some maple buttercream frosting...  The cake was amazing. The frosting was amazing. Put them together to make a cake pop and it's heaven! It's like a french toast on a stick. And what goes perfectly with french toast? Bacon, of course! (I also made some dipped in chocolate. They were good but not as good as these ones)


Yeah, I'll definitely be making these cake pops again and again and again! :) Dave and the kids loved them and so did everybody I shared them with.

This morning for breakfast we had mini pancake muffins. Dawson helped me make them. We've had these many times before. Sometimes with chocolate chips mixed in, sometimes with blueberries mixed in... This time we decided to put a piece of cooked sausage in the middle of half of them (the other half were chocolate chip). Everybody loved them! Thanks, Pinterest! ;) We'll definitely be making these again. We dipped them in syrup today. Next time that I make them I want to try adding some maple extract to the mix and see how they taste without syrup.


Yum yum!


After breakfast Dawson took the Walmart catalog that we got awhile ago and circled everything he wanted to put on his Christmas list. He didn't go crazy and circle everything like I thought he would, he only circled things that he really wanted. So what is on his Christmas list this year? He wants some Ninja Turtles, anything that has to do with Angry Birds (he plays it on the touchpad and is obsessed with anything that has angry birds on it), a remote control car, an airplane, an Innotab 2 (he actually circle the Leap Pad 2, they're basically the same thing and we think he's getting an Innotab for Christmas. Shhh....), some Wreck-it Ralph toys (we took the kids to see it last week and we all LOVED it! Can't wait to buy it!!), and that is all that I can remember. I'm sure there was one or two more things.


It's been snowing like CRAZY here the past two days, we love it! I'm sure Dave and I will get sick of all the snow eventually but for now I say bring it on!

We have a lot of exciting things coming up this week! Tonight we're going to Leatherby's to celebrate my Grandma's birthday, Monday we should be getting an update on something we've been waiting awhile for (hopefully I'll be writing a super happy post about it next week!), Tuesday Brave comes out on blu-ray! We took Dawson to see it but Ashlynn hasn't seen it yet. Ashlynn LOVES Merida already, though, so I know she is going to love the movie!!! I can't wait to watch it with her! Then on Wednesday we are going to see Disney on Ice, and on Thursday I am going with my mom and sisters to the 10:00pm showing of Breaking Dawn part 2!!!! *happy dance* I can't wait!!! I'll have a lot to post about next week. :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

You guys are such an awesome family. :) Sounds like you've been having so much fun!

Christina said...

I forgot to ask... may I have your recipe for maple buttercream frosting? Aaron is on me to make those cake pops now. :)