Last week I mentioned that I might be posting some good news in our blog. Well, it wasn't as great as we were hoping but it's still good news! We're officially house hunting! We had a house in mind that we loved but we didn't get approved for enough to buy it. That's ok, though, we know that we'll find the right house for us that is in our price range. We're in no hurry so we'll look around and find the perfect one for us. The only bad thing about it is houses are going super fast right now, it's definitely a seller's market. Too bad we weren't ready to buy a few months ago and we probably could have gotten a good deal on something. We're staying positive, though, and know that we'll find something eventually. :)
It's been a pretty busy week for us! I am SO tired right now because it's been crazy busy at work trying to get catering orders set up for Black Friday. I'm even thinking about going in tomorrow so I can hit a few stores that I haven't been able to talk to yet. Besides being busy at work, we have also been busy at home. I went to the 10pm showing of Breaking Dawn part 2 with my mom and sisters last night. It was SO good!! We had a lot of fun hanging out and seeing the movie together. I want to go see it again with Dave sometime in the next few weeks. And the night before we went to see Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic! I remember when I was growing up my mom used to take me and my sister to see Disney on Ice every year. I was always so excited to go! Now I love taking our kids and seeing them all excited to see the show. The last time that we went to Disney on Ice was January 2011, we took Dawson, but Ashlynn was still in the NICU. We bought the tickets before she was born and thought I would still be pregnant with her when we went to the show! It was nice to enjoy the show with both of our babies this time instead of having fun with Dawson but worrying about and missing Ashlynn at the same time.
Anyway, both of the kids LOVED it!!! Ashlynn would not take her eyes off the ice for anything during the first half. Dave was trying to get her attention at one point but she was so into the show that she didn't even notice him. The second half of the show she danced a LOT. She was really getting into it! Dawson was really into the first half, but the second half he didn't really seem into it as much. He was still enjoying it, just not as much as he did the first half. He definitely enjoyed Disney on Ice a hundred times more than he enjoyed the circus! Dawson was really bummed at the end that none of the Cars were there. :( When it was over he told me that he wished he would have been able to see Cars there and his little lip was pouty like he was about to cry. He was trying his best to hold it in, though. It broke my heart. :( I wish we could afford a trip to Disney right now so we could take him to Cars Land. Soon, I hope.
Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream is coming again in March but it's going to be a Disney Princess show so not really for boys. I don't think Dawson would like it as much as he did this one... Ashlynn would love it, though! We're definitely going to have to talk about me taking her to see it and maybe Dave and Dawson can have a boys night that night or something. Hopefully the one after that will have Cars in it to make Daws happy! :)
I have a TON of pictures to share. We only took our small camera because we when we asked about cameras they told us nothing with a detachable lens... We saw lots of people there with cameras with detachable lenses so next time I think we'll take the big camera! Oh well, I'm happy that we were able to get take pictures at all. I need to back up a little bit, though, because on Wednesday morning they had a small event up in Salt Lake were they would be carving Disney ice sculptures and Mickey and Minnie would there to meet everyone. Of course we had to go! Dawson and Ashlynn were both scared of Mickey and Minnie, though!!! I was totally not expecting that. They didn't cry or anything, they just didn't want to be near them unless me and Dave were right there.
While we were there we met Big Buddha from Fox 13. Dave asked to get a picture with him. *lol*
Here is one of the ice sculptures that were there, they also had a couple Nemo ones.
Now fast forward to Wednesday night when we were getting ready to go to Disney on Ice! I thought Ashlynn looked too cute in her big coat so I had to take a picture of her.
We decided to ride the train again, we love riding the train because it's free, we save gas, AND we don't have to pay for parking. And the kids really like riding it, too. Pretty much anytime we're going to an event in Salt Lake we'll ride the train. Here's Daws enjoying the ride.
And Ashlynn hanging out.
Here are my loves waiting for the show to start.
You'll notice a lot of pictures of Dave and kids because the night before I was working on our 2013 family calendar and I realized that I don't have a lot of pictures of Dave and the kids from this year!!! So I made up for it a little bit on this night and will continue to work on getting better at not only taking pictures of just the kids! Mama and Dada need to be in some pictures, too!
Now for the show! Here's Mickey, Minnie, Donald, (part of) Goofy, and Chip and Dale!
Aladdin and Genie.
Ashlynn was very into the show right from start.
And Dawson, too, he didn't sit in his seat at all during the first half.
Here's Marlin (or Nemo as the kids were calling him. Nemo was there, too, of course, just after I took this pic), Dory, and Bruce! It was cool to see Bruce and the other sharks there!
Mickey and Minnie again.
One of my very favorite parts was Beauty and Beast!
Cinderella.
The Little Mermaid.
Pocahontas.
And Snow White!
One of Dawson's favorite parts was definitely Toy Story!
Dawson and Ashlynn both went crazy when Jessie came out, I didn't get a very good picture of her, though. It was really cute to see them so excited!
Another one of my favorite parts was it's a small world. I cry (or at least get watery eyed) every time I ride that ride because I love it so much, and seeing this got me all watery eyed, too! I loved it!
Another costume change for our hosts.
Mulan (this is when Ashlynn did the most dancing, she LOVED the music from Mulan!!)
The Incredibles were so funny!!!
And another one of my favorite parts (how many favorite parts have I had now?) was The Lion King!!
And the finale.
It was such an awesome show that we all enjoyed a lot!! I can't wait for the next one that we can all go to!!!
Before we got on the train to head home I took this picture of Dave and Ash. I wanted to get Dawson in the picture, too, but he was more interested in trying to pick up some snow. The lights behind them look so pretty!


1 comment:
Yay for house hunting! It can be really fun, especially if you're not rushed or anything. I'm glad you all had fun at Disney on Ice. It is coming to Jacksonville in April and we're hoping to take Ashlyn. I'm not sure which one it is, though. The one you went to or the princess one, either one we'd love. :) Usually they have it in Orlando so it's cool that it's coming to Jacksonville, too.
Post a Comment