I have been meaning to post pictures of Ashlynn's room forever now but I hadn't taken any pictures to put up until yesterday. I kept putting off taking any pictures because I was hoping to get her closet more organized and get some other stuff that we store in her room out of there. I finally decided I just need to take pictures of her room as it is, it's not exactly how I want it but she only sleeps in there for now, once she starts playing in there (in like a year!) then I'll make sure it's perfect for her. :)
Here is the view from the door:
Her bed...
Inside her crib... she likes to play with her babies when she wakes up. :)
We had the Winnie-the-Pooh stickers up on her wall when we lived in San Diego, too. I'm happy that we were able to reuse them after we moved but I couldn't get them perfectly flat the second time I put them up. I don't think it bothers Ashlynn, though, so it's ok. :)
She has a few toys in her room so she can play while I'm putting her laundry away or if I have something else to do in her room but there really isn't much for her to play with in there.
Her dresser...
We got that canvas with the sheep on it at the NICU baby shower and I've wanted to paint over it or change it up somehow but just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't even opened it yet.... I'll get to it... someday!
These are one of my favorite things in her room... we'll add to her collection on each of her birthdays. I think the princess with the number 2 on it is Cinderella, I can't wait to get it for her! (The little prince reminds me of Dawson. ♥ )
I really love this, too, I need to try and clean it up a little bit. My dad gave it to me when I was little. (The little medal that is hanging over it is the medal that she got last year at the NICU reunion)
Her chair and laundry basket are on the other side of her dresser and right next to her closet...
And here's her closet. We store the stroller, pack-n-play, and a bunch of other things in there. We've already started on buying her Christmas presents, too, she's got 4 barbies, a few puzzles, and a few other toys hidden in her closet so far.
We haven't started shopping for Dawson yet because it's harder to guess what he'll be in to by the time Christmas comes around.
She's too young to play in her room by herself so we have the toys that she plays with out in the living room. Here's her little space...
That white toy storage thing will eventually go in her room when she's old enough to play in there. As soon as she's ready we're going to paint Dawson's toddler bed white and give that to her and he'll get a new (probably twin sized) bed. And we'll probably buy her a new (white) dresser at that time, too, and either put the dresser that's in her room back in Dawson's room (it's his, she's just borrowing it) OR we'll save it with the crib in case we have another baby...
Back to the tour... lastly she has the bottom shelf on the bookcase in the living room for her books and her little dollhouse is over there, too.
And that wraps up our tour!


2 comments:
Her room looks great! I haven't started buying stuff for Ashlyn for Christmas yet, either, for the same reason you haven't started for Dawson. I haven't even started for her birthday yet because one of the things we're getting (a toddler digital camera) I am saving up Swagbucks for so I will hopefully be getting enough Amazon gift cards to get it for free. And my mother-in-law requested that we take Ashlyn to Toys R Us to choose some toys and make a registry (so the family can have it for birthday and Christmas) so I will wait and see what she's most interested in, though right now it is Jake & the Neverland Pirates and Brave. Wow, okay, I will stop writing you such a long comment now. I mainly wanted to say... cute room. The end. ;)
Very cute! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment