Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A nice walk and Easter egg hunt!

We have pictures!! I have been meaning to post these for awhile now, better late than never! I'm sure we'll have a bunch of Easter pictures that we'll want to post so before I get too far behind I decided I better hurry and get these up!

Anyway, now that it's getting warmer outside we've been going on a lot more walks. I know I have mentioned this before but we really love the area that we live in, it's beautiful here! We live right across the street from the bay so it's really easy to walk over and enjoy the views of the water. We usually will walk onto the bridge that goes over the canal, we can see the water, usually some ducks and Dawson's favorite part, airplanes taking off from the airport.

Dawson is always excited to go on walks, we usually give him the choice of riding his trike or riding in the stroller and he always picks the stroller.


Ashlynn usually falls asleep during our walks, if we're out too long she'll wake up and want to be held. She likes being able to look around and see everything too!


While I am thinking about it I figure it's probably a good idea to explain what that little mark on Ashlynn's head is. I don't want anybody to think she got hurt or anything. (When she was in the hospital for RSV all the nurses and doctors that came in would ask how she got that bruise on her head, it was smaller then...) Anyway, it's called hemangioma which is basically a bunch of extra blood vessels under the skin. It's nothing to worry about and they will usually go away on their own. We noticed it when she was a few days old and thought it was just a little birthmark. It was light pink and totally flat then. It's gotten a lot darker and bigger since then. It will most likely continue to grow until she's about 12-18 months old and then it will slowly start to go away. As long as it doesn't bother her (and it shouldn't) it doesn't bother us at all. :) So when you see it, don't worry, she didn't get hurt. She's perfect. :)

Ok, back to the pictures!! This next one is a view from the bridge, you can click on the picture to make it larger, we think it's so peaceful and beautiful!


We saw some ducks while we were up there but they were pretty far away. We decided to go walk along the water to see if we could find any more but we weren't able to this time.

The airplanes take off every few minutes or so, definitely Dawson's favorite part!


That's all the pictures from our walk. These next pictures are from the Easter egg hunt that we went to last weekend. Dawson had a lot of fun finding the eggs to put into his bag!



Here he is showing off one the eggs that he found. :)


And opening it up when he realized there was something in there! Each egg had something in it, stickers, bouncy balls, candy, stuff like that.


Look Mama, I got a lot of eggs!


We saw the Easter bunny but Dawson didn't really want to have anything to do with him. Strange, I know! This kid usually loves all the characters that we meet. Of course a few minutes after we walked away from the bunny Dawson told us that he wanted to go see him... I had to feed Ashlynn so we weren't able to go back. While I fed Ashlynn, Dawson did some artwork.


After Ashlynn was done eating we headed over to this big inflatable slide. Dave and Dawson went down together. (Click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see how much fun Dawson had)


He loved the slide. If there wasn't a long line I'm sure he would have wanted to go again and again!


They had a few more rides and things to do but Ashlynn was getting cranky so we decided it was time to go home. It was a fun morning! We didn't get any pictures of Ashlynn while we were out because I wanted to keep her in the stroller and out of the sun as much as I could (is 3 months old enough for sunscreen yet?) but I did take this picture of me and her after we got home...



3 comments:

Christina said...

Such cute pictures! I'm glad you all had so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!! Dawson looks so proud of his egg! :) That slide looks way fun!! The picture of you & Ahslynn is so sweet! :D xo Brandee

Angela McIntyre said...

Jamie - I found several articles about babies and sun screen that all seem to agree. Here's the information I found...
"Sunscreen for Babies
For Babies younger than 6 months. Use sunscreen on small areas of the body, such as the face and the backs of the hands, if protective clothing and shade are not available.
For babies older than 6 months. Apply to all areas of the body, but be careful around the eyes. If your baby rubs sunscreen into her eyes, wipe the eyes and hands clean with a damp cloth. If the sunscreen irritates her skin, try a different brand or try a sunscreen stick or sunscreen or sunblock with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. If a rash develops, talk with your child’s doctor."

I hope this helps,
Angela