Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Delicious.

Ashlynn is a little smarty pants just like her big brother! I often get people telling me that Dawson uses big words for a 4 year old. The other night while we were eating dinner I asked Ashlynn if it was good, she nodded her head and said "delicious!" Me and Dave were shocked! Did our 2 year old (mind you she just turned 2 a little over two weeks ago) just say delicious?! It was the cutest thing and we had a super proud parent moment. :)

Speaking of delicious I had made homemade mac and cheese that night, a new recipe, and while it was good I don't think I'll be using that recipe again... Ok so that wasn't the delicious part. I also made homemade baked chicken nuggets. We've had these before and always love them, I think I've been using this recipe for almost two years now. This time I decided to make lots and freeze the leftovers for the kids to have for lunch. They eat nuggets from home a couple times a week, I happy that they will now be eating a healthier chicken nugget made by me! I made two pounds of chicken breast worth so we're pretty stocked up for awhile. Me and the kids actually had nuggets again for dinner tonight because I wanted to see how they tasted once they'd been reheated in the oven and they were still really, really good! Delicious, actually. ;)

Dave and I recently became more motivated to get healthy again and start losing weight again. Over the last 9-12 months we've each put on about 35 pounds. :( We went through a lot of changes last year with Dave getting out of the Navy, moving back to Utah, Dave not being able to find a job for a long time, me having to go back to work, etc. Food is definitely a weakness for us and when things in our life got a little tough we turned to food. Not to mention that I work at Chick-fil-A and hello, their food is REALLY good! I've always loved Chick-fil-A! We are happy to say that we are back on track now! Our fridge is LOADED with fresh veggies and fruits, we haven't eaten out at all in almost a week (Saturday is when we started to get back on track), Dave has been working out, and no more soda, even diet! I need to join Dave in the workout department. It's hard to get back into the groove but I know once I do it I will be so happy that I did! *I just realized that me eating at work is kind of like eating out, isn't it? *lol* I've been taking a banana with me for a snack and then for lunch I've been having the chargrilled and fruit salad with berry balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yum!! So I'm still eating good, even when I eat at work.

We also bought a juicer. We've only made apple juice and a carrot, spinach, apple, and strawberry juice so far. Both of them were delicious! We're hoping to get more veggies in all of our diets by using the juicer.

Anyway, I'll probably start talking about our weight loss journey more in our blog because I think it will help us more. :) I think I need to write more about me and Dave in general in here. I mostly talk about the kids in our blog, I think they will appreciate hearing a little about what mommy and daddy were up to years from now when they are older and are reading through our blog books. I love you, babies! ♥

1 comment:

Christina said...

You guys are awesome. May I have your chicken nugget recipe? I really need to figure out when I can get some exercise in (besides just at home tapes... I get bored of those). Aaron works nights so I can't go then. Technically they don't consider the gym at the apartments open until 7am for some reason and at the latest I will go to work at 8. So we'll see. I really want to start, though.