The other night as I was checking on Dawson before I went to sleep he woke up a little bit. I climbed into his bed and snuggled with him for a couple of minutes and even though he had almost fallen right back to sleep I asked him if he wanted to get up and play cars with me. As soon as he heard that he perked right up and jumped out of bed to play. It was almost 10pm but I really wanted to spend some one on one time with him. He had asked me to play cars with him earlier that day and I didn't because I was cleaning up around the house and was keeping Ashlynn entertained. I felt bad that I didn't make any time that day to play with him and I wanted to make up for it. We had fun racing and playing for about 30 minutes and then I asked him if he wanted to go in mama and dada's room to watch a movie and have a sleepover. Dave was at work so I didn't have to worry about bothering him while he was sleeping. And of course Dawson was super excited! We watched The Incredibles. Dawson loved it (yes he stayed up for the whole movie!!! I was not expecting that *lol*) and asked to watch it again the next morning with Ashlynn. I can't wait until Ashlynn is old enough to join in on these impromptu special play date and movie sleepover nights! Do you think the four of us could squeeze into a queen sized bed every now and then? I certainly plan to try to make it happen. :)



1 comment:
Awwww, how fun! I want to start doing things like that every now and then on the weekends. I didn't get to spend much time with Ashlyn today at all since I started work. Aaron took her to day care, brought her back home, and she went to bed 1 1/2 hours later to get ready to do it all again tomorrow. :( Impromptu late night movies will be happening every now and then here, too. :)
Post a Comment