Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ashlynn is TWO!

Ashlynn turned two last Tuesday! On Monday night I took this picture of her. Her last night as a 1 year old! I put her in her bed and piled up a bunch of her plush toys all around her. She has to sleep with most of the toys every night! I call her our plush hoarder. And me and Dave are totally enablers. ;)


I'm surprised she actually sat there and let me take a few pictures! She was really good about it. We made sure to get her some balloons to wake up to.


And Dave picked up some flowers on his way home from work and put them in her room. He gets home really late, I was already asleep when he got home so I was just as surprised as Ashlynn to see the flowers in her room the next day. He's such a good daddy. <3 p="p">

And we've decided to start a new little tradition for birthdays. As they get closer I will put a birthday printable in this frame along with a picture of the birthday girl (or boy) and this cute little Mickey figurine will come out. We're going to put him away after the birthday is over so we'll only see him for a few weeks a year, but I think that will make it even more special. :)


Here is the birthday girl!!! Daddy made her pancakes in the shape of princess crowns and put some sprinkles on them. She liked them! In this picture she was eating and dancing. (She was moving her arms up and down, it was really cute.)


And for lunch we went to Leatherby's! Me and Dave ordered food for ourselves but we let the kids just eat cupcakes and ice cream.


If you look closely at that picture you can see that Ashlynn has a little bruise under her eye. Earlier in the day she was climbing into her car and she must have slipped and face-planted in her car. :( Poor baby!

We sang happy birthday to her and she blew out the candles! She LOVES blowing out candles. As I was talking about her birthday to her the days before her birthday she would always say "candles blow!"


Another funny story about her cupcakes... a few weeks before her birthday I asked her if she wanted an Ariel cake or a castle cake with a few different princess figurines on it (I showed her pictures so she knew what I was talking about) and she picked the Ariel cake. So I was going to make the Ariel cake for her birthday party which was going to be two days after her birthday. So now fast forward to the day before her birthday. I was making her cupcakes so she would have cake to eat on her actual birthday. I told her that I was making them and she said "Ariel ones?"  Uh-oh! I had just planned on making plain ones but I didn't want to disappoint her so we ran to the party store to buy some princess cupcake toppers. Good thing we had this conversation the day before her birthday so there was still time to save the day! ;)

Here she is enjoying her cupcake and ice cream.


She loves pickles so I gave her a couple from off of my sandwich... and she dipped them in her ice cream. haha


Here's my handsome with his messy face. He thought it was so funny that he got ice cream on his nose!


Ashlynn got to open one present on her birthday, we saved the rest for her birthday party.


She got her number two figurine!


We quickly put it up in her room with the others.


While we were in her room I decided to take a couple of pictures. It's not finished yet but it has changed a lot since the last time I posted pictures of her room. She will be in a white toddler bed when we feel like she's ready for a toddler bed and then her bed will match the rest of her furniture. She also got some princess wall stickers for Christmas that we decided to put up after we move.

Here is a view of her room from the door.


And a view from the other corner in her room. I can't wait until her bed matches everything else in there. I know this is just temporary but it bugs me! *lol*


Here is Ashlynn playing with her princess castle. She LOVES it (and I do too)!


Here are some pictures from her birthday party!! We had some family over and ate pizza for dinner and then let Ashlynn open her presents. She got a LOT of cool stuff! Let's see if I can remember it all... a Minnie purse, a Pocahontas barbie, a Rapunzel barbie, an Innotab, a camera, a summer outfit, a Minnie dress, a Cinderella dress up dress, some puzzles... I think that might be it!


After she opened her presents it was time for cake and ice cream.


We sang happy birthday to her and of course she was excited to blow out the candle. Yay!



Say cheese!!! (We should of had her say cake!)


Mommy and Ashlynn in her pretty Cinderella dress that Papa and Carrie got her.


And just because here's one of me and Daws. :)


She had such a great birthday! It is so fun to watch her learn and play and grow! She's such a smart and fun little girl. Of course around her birthday I always think back to when she born and the struggles that she had and I get really emotional just thinking about it. I wonder if that will ever go away? Of course I will always remember everything that she went through but I wonder when I will stop being so emotional about it. She is perfectly fine and healthy now and I know that. We are truly blessed. Happy birthday, Ashlynn. We love you all the way to the moon and back! :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

You guys are the cutest family. I'm so glad Ashlynn had a good birthday. I love her room and can only imagine how cute it will be when you finish it up after you move! I hope you post pictures of everything after you're set up. :) And great job on the cake, as always!