Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

7 Months Old!

This post is a few days late but Ashlynn is 7 months old now! Didn't I *just* write her 6 month post like yesterday? It sure seems like it. It has been an exciting few weeks with everything new she is learning and trying. She is getting really good at sitting up unassisted now. Depending on her mood she can sit up and play for a good 5 minutes. She has also started scooting around a little bit. She mostly just goes in a circle but she is moving a little bit!

Yesterday we noticed that her first tooth has starting coming through!! We can't see it yet but we can feel it, it's sharp! So far she hasn't been acting fussy or anything so we didn't even realize that she was getting a tooth. I hope it continues to be easy for her.

I have a feeling that Ashlynn is going to be a fast learner just like Dawson is because a few days ago I was looking through our blog at pictures and videos of Dawson when he was Ashlynn's age and I saw that Dawson could wave so I decided to start waving more to Ashlynn and see if she'd wave back. A day or so later she started waving back!!! Yay!! She waves a lot now! I want to get it on video but of course every time I try to she is not in the mood to wave. haha

She rolls from her belly to back with no problem and at all. She has rolled from her back to her belly once a couple of days ago but hasn't done it since. She tries every now and then, though, so I'm sure it won't be long before she fully gets the hang of that too.

She has been eating a lot of new food lately. So far she has tried and loved squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, garden vegetables (peas, carrots and spinach), and bananas! She has been eating mostly the stage 2 foods. She also tried oatmeal a few times but didn't care for that at all.

She is now wearing 12 month clothing!! That blows my mind when I think about how hard it was to get her gain weight in the beginning. She is doing so well now!!! We actually just went on a little shopping spree yesterday to buy her a bunch of 12 month clothing because we've noticed her 9 month clothing was getting a little snug. I was questioning whether or not she would fit into the 12 month clothing while we were at the store because it looks SO BIG. But when we got home I got everything washed and tried a few things on her and it fits perfectly.

She is such a happy, smiley baby. She loves when we play peek-a-boo and patty cake. She also loves when any of us sing to her. She also loves story time a lot, she loves looking at all the pictures in the book and sometimes it seems like she's trying to read to us. Her stories are wonderful. ♥

Sorry that I don't have any pictures to post today, I have a few things that I have been meaning to post and those will have pictures. Hopefully I can get them up soon!

No comments: