I am so far behind on posting pictures that I plan on doing one huge post with a bunch of pictures just to get caught up! I should have it up within the next few days. For now I just wanted to do a short update. We're getting ready for Halloween already! We took the kids to try on costumes last night mostly because Dawson couldn't decide what he wanted to be. One day he wanted to be Woody, the next day he wanted to be Buzz, and then he finally decided he wanted to be a skeleton. He was firm on being a skeleton for a few days but I had a feeling a skeleton costume would be a little too scary for him and I was right. When we got to Party City we asked for the skeleton costume and Dawson didn't want anything to do with it. So we asked him again to look at all the costumes and he chose Woody. We tried it on him and he looked ADORABLE! We weren't planning on buying any costumes last night but after seeing him in it we couldn't leave without it.
We tried a pumpkin costume on Ashlynn but neither of us really loved it. When we got home I started searching online for a costume for her and I fell in love this pink poodle costume so I ordered it for her! I wanted her to be Snow White at first but we're planning a Disneyland trip next month and we'll be going to Mickey's Halloween Party and we'll be out late so I wanted her to be in something warmer. In the poodle costume she'll have a hood and be able to wear clothes underneath. I can't wait to get it and try it on her!
The other day Dawson knocked on our front door and said "can I have some candy?" We thought it was funny. We keep telling him that he has to say "trick or treat" and he will but then he'll follow it up with "can I have some candy?" *lol* Good thing we have a little over a month to practice.
Last night when I was putting Ashlynn in her car seat so we could head home she wasn't feeling too good. Right before we walked out of the store she spit up and some come out of her nose. :( She was upset and crying. It wasn't her normal cry, though, it was a sweet but sad cry. Her bottom lip was poking out really far and she just had a sad look on her face. In between her cries, clear as day, she said "ma-ma" as she looked up at me. It was the sweetest thing ever. She wanted her mama. ♥ I don't think we're counting that as her first word just yet because I'm not sure if she meant to say it or if she just happened to say it. I'll never forget it though. I hope to hear her say it again soon.


2 comments:
Halloween is so fun and exciting for the kids.
I hope Ashlynn is doing better. I'm sure she meant Mama!!
Oh,I bet she did say mama. Pretty soon she'll be saying it all the time. I love her costume it is so dang cute, and Dawsons costume too.My favorite holiday :)
Post a Comment