Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

School and Mickey!

A couple of weeks ago my friend asked me if I would want Dawson to go to this toddler preschool that her son goes to. It's twice a week for 3 hours a day and they do things like crafts, sensory activities, circle time where they sing and practice throwing a ball back and forth and stuff like that. Dawson is totally a people person and loves being around people, especially other kids so I told her we would definitely try it out. The first time that we went I stayed for the whole 3 hours. Not because Dawson wanted me to, he would have been fine if I had left at anytime but I just couldn't. I've never left him anywhere before besides my mom's house once or twice for an hour or two. We missed the next class because Dave had the day off and he has been gone or working long hours lately so we just wanted to spend some time together as a family. Last Thursday I took Dawson back to school. He was really excited. When we were getting ready that morning he kept saying "play with Landon" (that's my friend's son) so I decided to take some video of him.



And once we got to school he was excited to see Landon and they walked in together. :)



I stayed for the first 2 hours and then decided to leave when they had about an hour left. I really didn't want to... :( I cried. I ended up driving to Burlington Coat Factory which was right down the street from the school to browse around for a little bit. The hour went by pretty quickly and I was excited to go pick Dawson back up. When I saw him I started crying again! I missed my baby!

I haven't decided for sure if I want him to keep going. I know he has a lot of fun but leaving him is torture and worry about him. I think I want to try and find something that we can do together...some kind of toddler gym or something. I don't know. Me and Dave are definitely going to have to talk about it. I'm not ready to let my baby go, he's not even 2 yet!!

Today we took Dawson to the mall to see Mickey Mouse! They just opened a Disney store at that mall so they had Mickey and Minnie there to celebrate. We got there about an hour before Mickey was supposed to come out so we could get in line. I honestly expected there to be a long line already but luckily there were only about 15-20 people in front of us. We got there at the perfect time because right after we got in line the line started to really build up.

Before Mickey came out they told us that they were going to be moving the line quickly and each family was only allowed to take 1 picture. Once Mickey did come out I was surprised at how fast the line was moving! They weren't kidding when they said it had to go fast!

We let Dawson walk up to Mickey by himself. I love that he is not scared at all. Once he got in front of Mickey can you guess what he started doing? Dancing of course!!! It was awesome! The whole crowd was clapping and screaming for him. I didn't have the camera ready to take video because I thought we had to move quickly...they weren't rushing Dawson at all though!

Here he is dancing and Mickey started dancing with him...


Mickey thought he was too cute and started clapping and putting his hands over his mouth. :) Then he stood up to dance with him some more. (I so wish I would have taken some video!!! At least I snapped a few pictures.) Here they are dancing together some more...


I cut of Mickey's head but you can see that he put his hand over his heart. :) Dawson melts everybody's heart, he is such a sweet, cute kid!


Then Dawson gave Mickey a kiss.


And Mickey gave him one back.


We are so happy we were able to take him. Dawson loved seeing Mickey and me and Dave loved seeing Dawson so happy and excited. When I was getting Dawson out of the car once we got home he said "Mickey kisses" it was really sweet. I love how he remembers things now and thinks about what he did earlier.

I have an ultrasound on Wednesday! It's not until 6pm so that day is going to go by really slow for me I bet! I'm excited to see our baby again though. :) And if they tell us that we are for sure having a girl we'll tell everybody what we're going to name her. The lady that did the first ultrasound told us that she was sure that it was a girl, but I'm paranoid about everything. *lol*

About a week ago I started feeling her move a lot more. For a couple of weeks I thought I could feel her for a second but wasn't sure but this last week I am positive that I feel her moving around in there. In fact, when I started writing this post I felt 3 little kicks. :) She is defintiely getting stronger! I'll update again after the ultrasound and share the new pictures that we get and hopefully some video too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Dawson looks so cute in the video and in the Mickey pictures, but in the video he looks like a stud (: I'm glad you guys are having fun! I can't wait to find out the name! I love and miss you guys! (:
--Arika!

kathy pennington said...

I don't blame ya Jammers, I started getting teary eyed just reading about you crying, I would be cryng too. That is such a cute photo Dawson walking with his friend, you should blow that up and frame it, and put it in his room....it's so dang cute!! Oh too bad you didn't get video of him dancing and the crowd, I can just image how cute it was. :)

lululu said...

I really don't know how we are gonna deal with it when it's time for our babies to go to real school! I feel you here!
You know what, Jamie, a couple days ago we found out we are gonna have a girl too. And I'm due in a couple weeks. I don't know how to describe it, but seeing our babies becoming big brothers.......it seems surreal!

Anonymous said...

The videos are adorable! I loved watching Dawson walking along with his friend!! The Mickey photos are precious!