Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Videos from the Park and Dawson's Halloween costume!

Yesterday was such a fun day! It so nice when Dave is home and we are able to do things as a family. We did a little shopping yesterday, went to look at some dogs at an adoption drive they had going on, went and bought Dawson a balloon, got his Halloween costume and then took him to the park to play!

Here are some videos from the park. He is so good at getting to the slide by myself and going down. It was so much fun to watch him and he was having a blast!





He went down the slide head first on his belly once, it was really funny (he doesn't go down very fast) and he came up with the idea all by himself. I wish I could have gotten it on video but I had no idea he was going to go down like that.

Here is some video of him swinging. He's a natural! He was leaning forward and backward when he was supposed to to keep himself swinging.





We went after dinner and it was starting to get cold so we only stayed for about 30 minutes but Dawson did not want to leave when it was time. He was having too much fun to care about getting cold I guess.

Earlier in this post I mentioned that we bought Dawson's Halloween costume. At first we were thinking that we wanted him to be a skeleton but yesterday when we were out looking at Halloween stuff we learned that he is scared of skeletons! He doesn't like any of the decorations that move or talk either. He wouldn't cry or anything but he would sort of lean back, put his hand up and say "bye!" It was pretty cute.

We headed over to Party City to get Dawson a balloon and decided to look at some costumes there, too. Me and Dave both liked this pirate costume and Dawson wasn't scared of it so we decided to get it. Before he went to bed last night we tried it on him... these are not the best pictures because I took them with my phone (I accidentally left our camera in the car after we went to the park). Me and Dave could not get over how cute he looked in the costume! And Dawson liked wearing it!!!

Now I must warn you... you are about to see an overload of cuteness. Prepare yourself. ;)


Isn't he the cutest pirate ever?!? The boots are a little big but Dave thinks we can trim them down a bit and make them look better. I am so happy that we went with the pirate costume, I can't wait for Halloween!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I miss you guys so much! Skype me sometime (:
-Arika!

kathy pennington said...

He looks so cute cute in his Mickey Mouse shirt, and shorts. I love the way he talks like "this way" & slide. He is the cutest little pirate ever...I love it. :)