When he woke up this morning, I could tell that his gums were hurting so I did a little bit of feeling around and sure enough a piece of his tooth is poking out! It hasn't made much progress today, before I put him down for the night, I felt again and it's still just barely poking out. I hope it comes up quickly. I hate seeing him hurting. I made sure to give him some teething tablets every 4 hours and I also gave him 2 doses of Tylenol today. And of course I made sure that there was always a cold teething ring nearby in case he wanted it. Good thing I stocked up on teething rings! I think we have about 8 of them! *lol* Oh, also I put some ice in the blender for him. I made sure before I gave it to him that all the pieces were small with no sharp edges. It was pretty much like the ice you would use in an Icee. I put the ice in his mesh baby feeder and he loved it!
Here's a picture of the mesh feeder to give you a better idea of what I am talking about:

We've had the mesh feeder for awhile now but I never really use it. We used one of them in San Diego a few months ago and we put bananas in it for him. But I ended up throwing it away because I couldn't get all the bananas out! No matter how hard I scrubbed or how long I soaked it in hot water, it was not coming clean! I'm glad I saved the other one, though. I doubt I will use it for food but I will definitely use it for ice if I need to again!
Another thing that seemed to help him feel a little better, for awhile at least, was trying some new finger foods! :-) When I went grocery shopping the other day I picked up a few things that Dawson hadn't tried yet. And today he tried them all!
Dawson meets the Biter Biscuit... dun-dun-dun!
It was a huge success AND a huge mess! :-)
He also tried Cheerios for the first time and some Mild Cheddar Lil' Crunchies. Both of those were a hit as well!
I didn't realize how messy the biter biscuits were going to be. As soon as he finished eating, it was time to take a bath!
Mmm...duck. *lol* Can you tell that he is teething?
I rinsed him off really quick and then let him play for a few minutes. This was his 2nd bath of the day...next time I know not to bathe him before giving him a biter biscuit!
Time to splash!
It feels good to be clean!
And last but not least, a picture of his new tooth! The picture is blurry but if you enlarge it, you can see a speck of white where his new tooth has just broke through and then a bigger piece if white next to it...the tooth that he got 3 weeks ago! :-)
Happy Birthday, Andrea! My niece turned two today! :-)


4 comments:
We enjoyed this - laughed hard at the biscuit picture!
poor little guy,getting teeth is hard work. you know it must really hurt cause he is such a happy little guy i never see him crying just smiling.
thats awesome he is into finger foods now, grandma and pa pa will have get some for when you come over.
really cute pictures jammers. love ya guys tons xoxo
That's cool that he is liking the finger foods. Ashlyn has been eating some of the Gerber diced apples and has liked those. She didn't know what to think of them the first time she ate one! We tried some eggs (just the yolks) but she didn't like those yet. That was a great idea to use the mesh feeder for ice. I'm glad that he likes the teething rings and it helps him. Ashlyn will chew on everything but teething rings. lol
lol..I remember trying to tell you about the food mesher thing when Drea was just a baby..and you kept texting me back..I dont get it lol.
Poor little man, getting a new tooth. But I know he is lovin all this new finger food you are giving him. :D
These pics are so cute! I just love him to pieces!!! **Brandee**
Post a Comment