Dawson has learned so much within the last 2 or 3 weeks. First he started clapping, it's so cute! If I start to sing Patty Cake he knows to start clapping. Or if I say YAY! he claps. He claps a lot, it's adorable.
He has also sat himself up twice! *edit - Make that THREE times! woot!* (From his belly to the sitting position) He definitely has not mastered that yet but he's trying.
He has been saying mama (along with a few other words) for a few months now but I think he finally knows that I am mama! It's so cute!!! If he wants me to pick him up he crawls (army crawls) over to me and he says "mama!" or "mum" as he is reaching for me. I love it!
He likes to stand up, too. While he is holding my hands or holding onto something of course. He hasn't tried to pull himself up yet but he is standing for longer periods of time.
And lastly, he has started dancing to music. It's so cute. He puts his hands up and kind of sways back and forth. Or twists back and forth from the waist up as he is sitting down. I wish I could put the video in here already! The way he dances is so cute!
I think that's about it for the new stuff that he has started doing. We have his 9 month checkup on Monday so I will be sure to post his height and weight then.
Before I go I wanted to post a picture of a cake that I made for Drea's birthday party. She turns 2 on the 31st but they had her party for her today. It was a lot of fun!
Here's the cake:
It's a cake in the shape of a giant cupcake! Along with regular cupcakes. :-P The entire cake is edible, I made it out of cake, candy and frosting. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It was really yummy and a big hit at the party. :-)


2 comments:
That cake turned out so cute! Good job! And that is so great that Dawson is learning so much. I can't believe how much Ashlyn seems to grow in just a few days' time! I can't wait to hear how big he is at his appointment. :)
He is growing so fast! I swear Dawson is just the sweetest, happiest little baby boy! I just love playing, holding, and kissing him!! I'm so happy that I am his Auntie, and get to see him grow and learn new things. Happy nine months Dawson!!!
And the cake was so freakin cute! And yummy too. ;D
**Brandee**
Post a Comment