My birthday landed on a Monday this year which means Dave had to work but I was very thankful that at least the kids weren't back in school yet!! They started school on Wednesday - two days after my birthday. I'm going to do a separate first day of school post, though. Anyway! My plan was to hangout with the kids all day and we did just that.
The day started off with the kids letting me sleep in a bit, I think it was around 8 o'clock that they woke me up by singing happy birthday to me. I loved it! And then they each gave me a birthday card that they had made me. Dawson's card included a coupon that I could redeem to him that would allow me to read ahead two chapters in the Harry Potter book that we're reading. 😂 He's so cute and thoughtful! (Even when I read ahead, I still go back and reread the chapters with him. I love reading Harry Potter with him!!!)
Next we ate some donuts and then got ready for the day. Dave had told me about a Harry Potter section that he had seen at Barnes & Noble with toys and games and stuff and I wanted to check it out. So we headed to Barnes & Noble first!
 |
| Ashlynn really wanted these Ron and Harry plush |
 |
| They also found Buckbeak, Fluffy, Dobby, the Sorting Hat, the Monster Book of Monsters, etc... we were in Harry Potter heaven! |
 |
| I let them each pick out a Funko Harry Potter key chain that they could hang on their backpacks. They were blind packs so neither of them knew what they got until after we bought them. Dawson ended up with Snape and Ashlynn got Harry. |
Dave called while we were browsing around the kid's section at Barnes & Noble and asked if we wanted to meet at Chick-fil-A for lunch. So we hurried and finished up there and met Dave at CFA. I saw a few of my favorite old co-workers while we were there and a friend who lives in the neighborhood. Oh, and I also saw a friend and her daughter while we were at Barnes & Noble! It was fun seeing so many familiar faces when I hadn't really planned on seeing anyone.
After lunch we stopped by a hair salon so Ashlynn could get her bangs cut. She had been asking for a few weeks now and I wanted to get it done before school started so she could have the look she wanted.
Bath & Body Works nearby and I had a coupon that I wanted to use so we stopped by there next for some fall scented hand soap and lotion. And after that we walked next store to get Ashlynn's glasses tightened a bit.
Everywhere we had stopped so far had been in Jordan Landing so we didn't really have to travel much. Before we left Jordan Landing we stopped by Cinemark and bought tickets to Tuesday's showtime of Teen Titans Go! To the Movies. I wanted to get tickets for Tuesday because they're discounted ($5 each) and I wanted to buy them in person so I wouldn't have to pay the annoying fees that they charge you to buy tickets online!
We headed to Gordman's (in the District!) next because I wanted to check out their Halloween decorations that my mom told me they had put out. I ended up loving the Christmas decorations more but only bought a Fall sign and a Harry Potter game.
 |
| While we were at Gordman's Ashlynn found this kitty purse that she really wanted. This is the first pic I got of her new bangs, too! So cute! |
We headed home after that because my dad and Carrie were going to stop by and we had to meet up with Dave so we could all go to dinner later. While we were waiting for my dad and Carrie, Dawson and I played a round of the Harry Potter game we got. It's really similar to Trouble and a lot of fun! I love playing games with the family.
 |
| Me and Dawson playing our new Harry Potter game (similar to Trouble) |
We had reservations at the Melting Pot for dinner. Yum. We ended up just getting cheese and chocolate and were so STUFFED! I don't know how people can do a 4-course meal there!!
 |
| Family selfie in the car before dinner. We got there a little early |
 |
| Mmmm....cheesy! |
 |
| Dessert |
 |
| So yummy |
 |
| My handsome fella! |
 |
| And a free box of chocolate covered strawberries since it was my birthday! |
After dinner we came home and my little family sang happy birthday to me and I made a wish and blew out my candles... then we put the ginormous cupcake in the fridge because we were all about to burst from dinner. haha
 |
| Another family selfie. I love them so much!!! |
I had a great day thanks to my little family. I love just being with them.
Here are a couple pictures from the next day when the kids and I went to the movies (Dave missed out because of work... but he didn't miss much 😉)
And lastly, a random picture of Dawson sleeping in our bed on Tuesday morning. And a picture of Ashlynn before tumbling on Tuesday evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment