Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Last Full Week of Summer Vacation

This past week was the kids' last full week of summer vacation. They start school on Wednesday, August 22nd! Dawson will be starting 4th grade (I can't believe I have a 4th grader!!) and Ashlynn will be starting 2nd grade. They're both excited to go back to school and see their friends that they've missed.

We did some back to school shopping this week. I had already ordered most of their school clothes online but I wanted to take them out and let them pick out a few things, too. This year's back to school shopping was so much fun! In past years the kids haven't wanted to go and while we were out they definitely didn't want to try things on!! But this year they seemed happy to be able to pick out a few things and we're even ok with trying things on. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them. Here are their new clothes and shoes. Dawson also got two pairs of jeans and his Ravenclaw shirt isn't in the photo (we let him wear it once already, he also wants to wear it on the first day of school). And I think Ashlynn's only missing one new shirt from the photo that came in the mail not long after I took these pictures.



On Tuesday night Ashlynn went to her new tumbling class. Last week was supposed to be her first week in the new class but we showed up last Tuesday and Ashlynn saw that she was going to have two coaches that she hadn't met before and she didn't know anyone in the class. I think she also thought that they were going to be more advanced than she was and was feeling a little intimidated. She stayed with me or Dave the whole time and cried when we'd try to get her to go join the class. We decided to just let her watch the class with us and try again next week. She was able to see that they were working on stuff that she was working on too and one of the girls in this class actually lives on our street! She's Dawson's age so Ashlynn hadn't seen her at school or anything before. I talked to the girl's mom and asked if we could get the girls together to play so Ash could get to know one of the girls in her class and she was excited for them to become friends! Ashlynn was also excited to hear she'd have another friend who lives on our street. A few days later the girls played and had a blast! So this Tuesday when we walked in to class, Devon, her new friend, ran over excitedly and gave Ashlynn a big hug! Ashlynn had a huge smile on her face and was ready to join her new class. After class she came home to show Dave what she worked on and he was there to spot her.


On Friday we met some of our friends at Copperton Park (it's a little less than a 10 minute drive from our house). It has been a few years since the kid's and I have been there and Dave's never gone before. Dawson's 3rd grade teacher lives in Copperton and told the kids at the end of the school year that Copperton Park was being remodeled. Dawson was excited to go check it out after hearing his teacher talk about it. Here are some pictures of the kids having fun! I love all the big trees at Copperton Park. I wish every park was like this!!!












My favorite thing about this photo, that I didn't even notice the first time I looked at it, is Ashlynn's shadow. It just screams summer fun to me!


We spent a couple of hours at the park and then went home to get ready to bbq with the same friends we went to the park with. 😄 Dave had smoked some pulled pork and burnt ends and I made some coleslaw. Our friends brought over some pasta salad, grape salad, and the most amazing chocolate cake! It was quite the feast! The kids played upstairs for awhile and then came down stairs to play minecraft for awhile. The adults played Brain Games and three rounds of Clue! It was fun!!!

Fun playing clue with Cammy and Jeremy

The kids had fun playing with Collin
Now for some random pictures! I think all of these pictures are from July but I want to post them in the blog!

Ashlynn taught Dawson to lift himself into a backbend. Good job, Daws!

Look at these strong kids!!

Peek-a-boo, Dawson, I see you! 

Kiddos having fun playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii

Dawson and I built the first part of this Minecraft Lego set together and when Dave came home they worked together to finish the second part of the set

My cute boys

All done!

Dave bought the kids Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Trying out the beans flavors
Ashlynn and I are currently reading this Breyer Stablemates series. Ashlynn really likes them!



Dawson and I are still reading the Harry Potter series. In the photo he was reading Prisoner of Azkaban but we are currently reading The Goblet of Fire
 
This might be hard to see but Dawson has a Broncos night light that shines up on the ceiling. He brought it into our room one night
That's it for now! See ya real soon!

No comments: