On the first day of school for the kids Dave had the day off work. 🎉 Yay! He's always the first one awake so he woke the kids and I up a little after 7 and then he started making the kids a special first-day-of-school breakfast! Pancakes with chocolate chips and bacon. He knows what they like!
After breakfast we all got ready for the day. Once the kids were all ready we took their pictures on the front porch like we usually do.
Then it was time to head to school!!
 |
| Dawson and his best friend, Urijah (aka Tank) |
 |
Ashlynn and her best friend, Avery
|
While they were at school I had a couple errands to run and while I was out I picked up a couple Harry Potter goodies for them. I couldn't resist! The Harry Potter blu-ray set we had ordered was ready for pickup so it just seemed fitting that I grab a couple of things to go with it. I got them each a blind package of the funko keychains that they had also gotten on Monday and some chocolate frogs that come with Harry Potter trading cards. Dawson ended up with Dumbledore in his blind package and Ashlynn got another Harry Potter in a different outfit. And they both ended up with Dumbledore trading cards (Dawson already had a Rowena Ravenclaw card and Ashlynn has a Helga Hufflepuff card).
I also got them some hand sanitizer to put on their backpacks.
The kids had fun on their first day of school. Dawson thought it was hilarious that the first thing his teacher said when they all got sat down was, "Okay, raise your hand if you're not here." 😂😂
 |
| Ashlynn out back during a heavy rain storm |
 |
| 2nd day of 4th grade in his new GAMER shirt |
 |
| Photobombed by Ashlynn. She cracks me up |
 |
| 2nd day of 2nd grade! |
 |
| She wanted to pose with her umbrella even thought there was no rain on this day |
I think that's about it! The kids have had three days of school so far and are enjoying it. Oh, and Dawson got picked to be a lunch worker next week (starting tomorrow)! He's excited for that. He says he'll get free lunch all week, plus a treat at the end of his shift and he'll still get 10 minutes of lunch recess. I wonder if I can sneak in and get a picture of my handsome working?? I'm definitely going to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment