That's right, kids, Mama is now in her 30's. I don't really have to tell you that, though, because you are well aware. In fact anytime we go to the store, while we're waiting in the checkout line, Dawson will strike up a conversation with either the person in front of us or behind us. Every. Single. Time. And the conversation goes like this. Every. Single. Time.
Dawson: Hi, my name is Dawson, I'm four years old. And this is my baby sister, Ashlynn, she's two.
Random Person: Oh hi.
Dawson: And this is my mom. Her name is Jamie but I call her Mama because she's my mom. And she's 30. How old are you? (this has been going on for awhile, he used to say 29 until I had my birthday)
Random Person: *laughing* I don't usually tell people how old I am but...
The conversation lasts until we leave the line. And did I mention it happens every single time we go to the store? Yep, it does! And most of the time Ashlynn gets jealous that Dawson is getting all the attention from the random stranger so she'll start dancing or something and she'll keep saying "look at me! look at me!" to the random stranger. Yeah, my kids are not shy, AT ALL.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me that Dawson tells everyone and their dog how old I am because getting older doesn't bother me. The only super awkward part is when he asks them how old they are. I try to remind him often that it's not polite to ask adults how old they are but he's curious, loves numbers, and wants to know!
Anyway, we had some friends and family over to celebrate my birthday. It was a potluck and we had some yummy stuff!!! 7 layer dip, bbq ribs, runzas (my fave!), and chili verde burritos and chips. And of course cake, but everyone got so full with all the yummy food that after they sang happy birthday to me we didn't even eat cake!
Here are some pics from that night.
Dave made me a "dirty" thirty cake
The food!
Some decorations. I am so bummed I didn't get any of the outside decorations! My mom, dad, and Arika came by in the middle of the night and decorated the front yard. I always open the blinds first thing in the morning so I saw it right away! I loved it! And then I came down into the family room and Dave had decorated before he left for work.
We played pin the kiss on the frog...
\
And musical chairs! Yep, I know how to party!! It was a blast. (please excuse our ugly grass!!! It's still not perfect but it already looks much better. We neglected it the weekend before my birthday so it looked terrible)
The kids turn, they wanted Nana to play
We roasted some s'mores and also had a game of Big Brother going on. (Travis and my dad Donnie were both evicted from the house that night. *lol*)
The day before my birthday I was thinking about how blessed I am. Like, seriously. When I was a teen (and even in my early 20's) I made some pretty stupid choices and I feel very lucky and so blessed that my life turned out the way it did. It could have been very different. I am truly, truly blessed. I know our life isn't perfect but to me it feels like it is. I try not to take anything for granted (even getting older) because I wouldn't change a thing. I'm surrounded by the best family and friends that mean the world to me. I seriously love you guys!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment