I am WAY behind in posting this but Ashlynn had her first dance recital a couple of months ago. She loves, loves, LOVES to dance and enjoyed her dance classes SO much! They were on break for the summer but are starting up again this week or next so we need to get her signed up again!!!
Anyway, about a week before her dance recital she got her costume and had to get her dance class pictures taken. When I put her costume on she was so HAPPY! And excited. She loved it.
So off we went to get her pictures taken...
And all of a sudden she was so scared!! She's a pretty social little girl so I was shocked but she didn't like getting her picture taken at all! (Mind you we had just gotten our family pictures taken not long before that and she was perfectly fine then!)
The photographer had to spend almost 10 minutes just trying to get her to smile which wasn't going to happen. I don't know why she was so scared, I was right there. It was seriously breaking my heart, though, because she was being so brave!! She wanted to cry so bad, I could tell, but she didn't.
So after that I was worried about her recital. It was a week away and if she was this scared to get her pictures taken, I didn't think there was anyway she would get on stage and dance in front of an audience!
But she proved me SO wrong! She did AMAZING!!! She was in the back row so the video isn't perfect but I love it!!!
I was SO nervous for her before she came out on stage that I was about to cry. When she did come out and start dancing I did cry. Happy tears. We were so proud of her!!
She was so happy to get a medal afterward. This girl was born to dance. She randomly breaks out in dance all the time at home, we love it. We just signed Dawson up for soccer which starts in two or three weeks and Ashlynn will be signed up for dance again soon so I figured I better hurry and get caught up on our blog again!!!
This is totally random, but something I want to remember. Today while Ashlynn was sitting in my lap I was talking to her about something, about playing blocks or something and she looked up at me and said "I'm a princess, you know?" *lol* It was so random and cute. And it's true! She's our precious little princess!
OH! And just a little update on how potty training is going. She'll pee in the potty all on her own, I don't even have to ask her if she has to go, she tells me and then she goes in the potty. She's still struggling with pooping in the potty but she's only having about one accident a week which is great progress! She still doesn't want to go in the potty, though, I've just figured out a way to get her to. She still holds it until the last possible second. And I can tell when she *really* has to go so I take everything off of her from the waist down. She will not poop unless she has underwear on OR if she's sitting on the potty (but she prefers to go in her undies!) so by taking them off of her she has to sit on the potty to go. I don't even have to make her. If she's not wearing her underwear and about to go she RUNS to the potty and poops no problem. Hopefully soon she'll just go when she has to go instead of holding it until she has no choice but for now we've found something that works. I just figured I'd share in case anybody else is having similar issues. I know that all kids are different and because Ash won't just poop on the floor (thank goodness!) doesn't mean another kid won't. My parents can attest to that. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment