Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

We Took Our Monkeys to the Zoo!

We went to the zoo yesterday and I have a lot of pictures that I want to share. First of all I want to say that we had SO much fun! We're thinking about going back and buying a membership (if we buy one within the next 7 days the price that we paid for yesterday's admission will be put towards our membership price) so we can go as often as we want. I wasn't sure what Ashlynn would think of the animals or if she'd even be able to see some of them but she LOVED them!! She got really excited and would point to everything. She kept saying "uff uff" which is what she says when we ask her what a dog says or whenever she sees ANY animal. haha

I really like this picture of the black and white colobus monkey that we got.


The elephants are one of my favorites (I have a lot of favorites...).





I have to include a picture of a crocodile! I thought this would be one of Dawson's favorite animals because he is really into Peter Pan right now and there is a crocodile in Peter Pan. He was excited to see them at the time but when we got home and we were asking him what his favorite animals were he told us he didn't like the crocodiles because they go "tick tock." *lol* He's a silly boy!
 

I love this picture of Ashlynn pointing at this cute little animal (I don't know what it is... some sort of wallaby??) Ashlynn was so happy to be so close to it!


Mine and Dave's favorite animal was the tiger. We were able to get pretty close to a couple of them, too! This one was sleeping right in front of the glass. He rolled around a bit but didn't want to wake up. We waited for about 10 minutes (which is an eternity with two little kids!) hoping that he would wake up but he didn't.


The kids liked looking at him, though.


But when we walked around to the other side we saw another tiger that was awake! He licked his paws for a little bit and then walked over to some shade and laid down. He was definitely my favorite!


Dawson's favorite animal was the giraffe (another one of my favorites, too!).


We were able to get pretty close to one of them, too.


Dawson thought this lion drinking fountain was pretty cool. We had bottles of water but of course he wanted to drink water from the fountain.


This peacock was beautiful! 


Here is Dawson seeing how he measures up next to the gorillas.


This orangutan looked like it was deep in thought.


Dawson said he didn't like the gorilla too much because he looked scary. Ashlynn was super excited to see him, though!


Earlier in the day when we saw the elephants there was a lot of kids playing on this elephant so we didn't get any good pictures of the kids with it. Dawson wanted to go back to it again and when we did there wasn't hardly anybody around so the kids were able to play on it for a couple of minutes.



We rode on the carousel and the train which both kids loved. And before we left Dave took this cute little picture.


Dawson thought the zoo should also be called the jungle because there were a lot of animals and trees there. I love the way his little mind works. He also told us that he was a little sad that there were no pigs there. Hopefully we'll see some pigs at the fair this summer to make up for it!

As we were walking to the car to go home I was holding Ashlynn and asked her if she had fun seeing all the animals and she shook her head yes and then gave me a kiss and a big hug. It was so sweet. I know she had a lot of fun and I think she was trying to tell me thank you. ♥

No comments: