I have been staying away from blogger a little bit because I updated to the new blogger interface and I don't really like it that much. Maybe it's just something that I have to get used to. I haven't figured out how to change back to the old blogger so I guess I will have to get used to it. And actually now that I am typing out a new blog (this is the first blog I have posted with the new interface) I actually really like the changes that I am seeing. Uploading the pictures is much easier so far AND I have the option to make the pictures really big. Bigger pictures look better to me so I am excited to see how this post looks when I'm finished with it. I have LOTS of pictures to share!
I'll start with Saturday night, the night before Easter. We colored some Easter eggs! I found these Easter place mats at Target in their dollar section and they were perfect to color Easter eggs on. Everything wiped up super easily. Dawson colored the eggs while Ashlynn sat back and watched.
Dawson did an AWESOME job this year not needing much help at all. Dave had to help him turn the eggs over a few times but after awhile Dawson started doing it all on his own. Dave took the eggs out when they were finished but other than that Dawson was in charge of the rest.
He accidentally dropped an egg and it cracked so I gave it to Ashlynn to eat. She wouldn't try it, though. She kept putting it up to her mouth but wouldn't take a bite. I took a bite to show her how yummy it was but she ended up giving it back to me to finish.
Here are our beautiful Easter eggs!
After we colored eggs we got cleaned up and started our bedtime routine.
The next morning we all slept in until about 8:30. When I woke up before either of the kids I thought about how nice it was to sleep in, especially with it being a holiday, and realized it won't be long before Dawson starts waking up really early on holidays because he's so excited. As much as I love sleep I am actually really looking forward to that.
Anyway, we ended up having to wake Dawson up (Ashlynn woke up on her own right after we did) and reminded him that it was Easter! He was really excited to get up and find the Easter eggs!
The Easter bunny had hidden a few eggs on the floor where Ashlynn could easily find them but she wasn't interested in picking them up at all. I think she was just enjoying watching Dawson run around excitedly!
Dawson did really good! He found all 16 eggs that he colored and 10 plastic eggs that had dollar bills in them! He put $5 in his piggy bank and put the other $5 in Ashlynn's bank for her. Here he is showing off his favorite eggs and a dollar.
After he found all the eggs it was time to find their Easter baskets! The Easter bunny left some clues for us so we went on a little scavenger hunt. We didn't get any pictures of Dawson getting his clues, we did get it on video but I don't feel like waiting for it to upload. haha So here is a picture of the clues that he found. The first clue was on the TV stand and it lead him to the next clue and so on until the last clue lead him to the baskets.
Dawson got a kite, a bubble gun, sidewalk chalk, Hop on blu-ray, a sword (he is REALLY into Peter Pan and pirates right now), some swim trunks and top, and some sandals to wear to the pool.
Ashlynn got some bath toys, a book, a dress, a swimsuit, sunglasses, a sun hat, and a stroller. She LOVES to walk around pushing her push toy and she LOVES her baby so we decided it'd be too cute to watch her walking around pushing her baby. I need to get pictures of her because it is too cute!
Funny little side note: when Dawson picked up his bubble gun from his basket he yelled "batteries!" haha The gun came with batteries and he thought that was his gift. Silly boy.
We ate a quick breakfast and then headed outside. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Dawson was excited to try out his new bubble gun.
And Ashlynn had fun just being outside. She decided she wanted to get down and walk so Dave had to run in and grab her shoes! Bare feet:
With shoes:
Much better!
Me and Ashlynn walked around for a good 20 minutes (she loves to walk around while holding hands even though she walks pretty good on her own now, she enjoys the company, I guess) while Dawson emptied out his bubbles. We decided to head over to the swings for a couple of minutes. Ashlynn had fun but we didn't stay too long because the swing isn't very baby safe and I was scared she was going to lean forward and fall out (the belt is missing).
After that we went inside. While I cleaned up a little bit Dawson took his sidewalk chalk out on the patio and played a little but longer. Then we all sat down and watched Hop.
After we ate dinner and hung around the house for awhile we decided to go to the park that's in mom's neighborhood so the kids could play and Dawson could fly his kite.
Arika was excited to try our camera so I let her take over and she got some really good pictures! Here is Dave getting Dawson's kite up.
And Dawson flying it. He did really good and would even run when Dave told him to to help keep the kite up if it started to fall.
I just love this picture. (Thank you, Arika!)
Here is Ashlynn with aunt Becca. She was trying to smile with the sucker in her mouth.
And of course she had to go down the slide, she LOVES slides!
Here's Dawson playing basketball with uncle Bronson.
And Hailee-bug having fun.
The static in Drea's hair was cracking me up when she'd come down the slide.
Here's Dave crossing the monkey bars, he did good! When I tried I couldn't move so I had to drop. haha
And Brandee being silly on the zipline thing. haha
I also really liked this picture of my mom and dad that Arika got.
We had such a busy but really fun day yesterday! I hope you all had a good time as well!


3 comments:
Cute pictures! But your family photos are always cute!! :)
I don't care for the new blogger interface either. You'll have to tell me how to switch back.
Nevermind, I figured out how to go back to the old blogger. We'll see how this works.
I'm so glad you guys had such a fun Easter! The scavenger hunt for the baskets is a very cute idea. :)
Post a Comment