Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pebbles and Peter Pan...

We went on a little walk last night to a park that isn't too far from our house. I tried to take a few pictures but the kids were way too busy having fun to look at me. I want to at least post one picture of Ashlynn because lately I've been starting to put her hair up more. She still doesn't have much but I can do little pigtails in the back or pull up the front a little like Pebbles Flintstone! I like the Pebbles look, it's pretty cute. :) Here are a couple of pictures that I got. Like I said both kids were too busy running around and playing to look at me and I wanted to play with them, too, so I didn't have the camera out for too long.



Pretty cute hair, huh?

Besides showing off Ashlynn's cute hairdo I also just wanted to post about some cute things that Dawson said yesterday. I'm not sure if I've talked much about how obsessed he is with Peter Pan in the blog or not but he is. Peter Pan and Jake and the Never Land Pirates are pretty much all we talk about anymore... okay, okay, I might be exaggerating a bit. :P Anyway, yesterday morning Dave asked Dawson if he wanted to be Peter Pan when he grew up and Dawson's reply was, "Peter Pan doesn't grow up!" haha Such a smart kid! I love when we ask him a question and we are completely surprised by his answer. It happens all the time!

Last night before bed we read Peter Pan like we usually do and afterward he had a ton of questions for me. He asked me if Mr. Smee was Captain Hook's first mate (his exact words, too) and he also asked me what Mr. Smee's first name was? I told him I thought his first name was Smee and then he said he thought I was right and he thinks his full name is Mr. Smee Nicholas Harrison. That kid cracks me up! The last two nights before bed he makes me pretend to put the air mattress in his room so Peter Pan has a place to sleep. I have to give Peter a blanket, a pillow, and a tissue (all pretend) in case he has to blow his nose. I have to do all of this before Dawson will lay down to go to sleep. And actually tonight Peter, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee were all sleeping over. Slumber party in Dawson's room! :) I love his imagination. ♥

No comments: