Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving & Book Fan Friday - Biscuit Is Thankful

Before I get into Book Fan Friday I thought I'd talk a little bit about our Thanksgiving. I was going to wait until tomorrow to do the Thanksgiving post, but it seems like when I put stuff off, even for a day, it doesn't make it into the blog!

We had Thanksgiving dinner with my dad and Carrie which was nice. I can't remember the last time we had Thanksgiving with my dad because he is usually working.

I fed Dawson a light lunch when he woke up from his morning nap around noon. Dinner was at 3 and I didn't want him to be starving so I figured a little bit to eat at noon would be ok. I should have just given him a little snack...

When we first got to my dad's I tried giving Dawson a piece of a deviled egg. He didn't like it at all. (I don't blame him!) He spit it out right when I put it in his mouth. I also gave him a piece of a black olive and he didn't like that either. (What's wrong with him?! Olives are yummy! *lol*) And my dad let him suck some cheese off a piece of celery which he seemed to like, but it was messy so he didn't get very much. And he ate a couple ritz crackers.

Then for dinner I made him a small plate of turkey, stuffing, carrots and a roll. And I tried feeding him some mashed potatoes off of my plate. He spit everything out right after I put it in his mouth. (He usually feeds himself, but he wasn't eating so I was trying to help him) It had to of been that he just wasn't hungry because he has eaten mashed potatoes and carrots a number of times and he loves them both. The only thing he did want was the roll...but he wanted to shove basically the whole thing in his mouth. Practically choking himself. I tore the roll up into bite-sized pieces and he didn't want it anymore...he tried grabbing the roll of my plate instead. Little stinker!

So he didn't eat much of a Thanksgiving dinner. He did have some pumpkin pie and a bite of apple pie, too. Then a couple hours after we got home he had some macaroni and cheese. Oh, and my mom and dad stopped by around 8 and brought a couple pies with them and Dawson tried some cherry pie, too.

Dawson was walking a lot at my dad's house! He's getting so much better. I think he walked more than he crawled yesterday. Today he's been walking a little, but doing more crawling. I'm sure it's not going to be long until he is walking around all the time. I'll have to get some more video of him soon.

Dave got Thanksgiving dinner on the ship, but he said it wasn't good at all. :-( Undercooked rice, ham from a can, turkey scraps and no dessert.

He did get to meet General Petraeus, though. General Petraeus talked to the sailors for a little bit and Dave said he's a pretty nice and funny guy. :-) He got his picture taken with him, too.


I think that pretty sums up Thanksgiving for the Harrison family. It was a nice day but I wish we could have spent it together.

Now for Book Fan Friday!

This week we have been reading Biscuit Is Thankful by Alyssa Satin Capucilla. In case you haven't noticed, Dawson loves the Biscuit series!


Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm excited to start reading Christmas stories! I don't think we have a Biscuit Christmas book yet, I need to start looking for one! We do have a lot of other Christmas books that I am looking forward to reading to Dawson though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is doing so good on walking!!! He is so funny..he was just not into Thanksgiving dinner. lol. I feel bad for Dave..that's sad. :( Hopefully this will be his last year on the ship. And his amazing wife..who cooks the best stuff ever..can give him tons of good food next year to make up for this.