Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Baby is Growing Up

I got some pictures of Dawson showing off his new teeth today!

You are probably going to have to click on the picture to enlarge it in order to see his little teeth. That's his new cheesy smile too. :-D It's funny, he'll be sitting there playing and all of a sudden he'll look up at me, smile like that and then continue on playing.

Anyway, back to his teeth! He got his front left tooth and the one next to that a few days ago. And it looks like his right front tooth and the one next to that are going to be making an appearance any day now. They are coming in two at a time now...no fun at all.

Here is a little bit of a better picture, again with his cheesy smile. :-D


I can't believe he is going to have 6 teeth soon! I hope they come in fast and easy, but I don't think that is going to happen. :-(

He is going to be 1 year old in less than two weeks! I can't believe it. Earlier today I was thinking about how much he knows already. He only says a few words, but he understands so much! If I ask him to get his ball, he'll get it. If I ask him where a book is, he'll look at it and reach for it. He also knows what these words are and/or mean: drink, baba, kisses, dance, binky, night-night, bye-bye, outside, car, Tigger, Elmo, SpongeBob, dog, dinosaur, phone, bath...I'm sure there are a few more that I am forgetting. He is just so smart! He also knows where his belly and feet are. If I ask him where his belly or feet are he will touch his belly or grab his feet. He doesn't do it every time that I ask, but he's done it enough times that I know he knows where they are.

Oh, and he knows who people are too. When we are with my family I will ask him where Papa is and he'll look at him. Same thing with Kaka (Arika), Becca, Brandee, Hailee and Drea. And of course Mama and Dada, too. When I ask him where dada is he looks up at the pictures on the wall and waves to a picture of Dave. It's too sweet.

I've been starting to wean him off the bottle lately. He used to drink four 8oz bottles a day, but we are now down to two 8oz bottles a day. (He gets a bottle when he wakes up and one an hour or so before bed.) He also eats breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack and dinner. I wish he wasn't teething at the same time that I cut two bottles out of his day. When he gets cranky I start to worry that maybe he is hungry. He eats a lot of food though, so I'm pretty sure it's his teeth that are bothering him. And I always keep a sippy of water nearby in case he gets thirsty.

I think that's about it for now. :-)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! His birthday is coming up so quickly! I know his party will be fabulous, though. You have so many good ideas. He's super cute, as always. :)

Tegan Fisher said...

Too cute! Jack is doing the cheesy smile too...so adorable! I am also doing the bottle weaning too...down to 2 bottles just like you...and made the switch from formula to soy milk. They are growing up too fast!

Anonymous said...

His *new* smile makes me laugh..such a little cutie! He is going to have a mouth full of pearly whites! I cant belive how fast this year has gone by. He has grown so much..and still going! It's so much fun to see him learn, and do new things. He is such a smart boy!