Let me take you on a little tour. These are the pictures that they put up to sell the house...
Here's the front of the house. We love that it has a two car garage and a nice big driveway!
When you walk in the front door there is a nice sized coat closet. We're excited about that. Right now our coat closet doubles as a pantry. The coat closet in the house will NOT also be a pantry!
The coat closet is in the living room which has a nice big bay window.
From the living room you can walk upstairs to go to the bedrooms or walk into the kitchen. We'll go upstairs first. At the top of the stairs, to the left, is a bathroom. It needs to be updated but that probably won't happen for a little while. It's nothing that we can't live with so we're happy with it.
Across from the bathroom is Ashlynn's room.
And next to that is Dawson's room.
At the end of the hallway is a nice sized linen closet. And across from Dawson's room is our room and bathroom.
That's about it upstairs. Now we'll go back down the stairs and into the kitchen. See that door next to the fridge? PANTRY!! We're going to have a pantry!! You have no idea how excited I am about that!!!
They didn't have a great picture of the dining area, you can kind of see it in this pic. There's a bay window there, too. Love!
As you can see in that last pic you walk down a few stairs and you're in the family room.
From there you can walk out the sliding glass door into the backyard or out a different door and be in the garage. Or you can go downstairs! That's where the laundry room is (no pic of that).
Here are the rooms that are downstairs.
I'm not sure what we'll use the first room for, the second room will be a guest bedroom. There is plumbing for a bathroom off of the guest bedroom, but no bathroom there yet.
Now here's some pics of the backyard.
We've already put in the railing in between the dining area and family room... (did you notice that was missing in the pics up there?!)
Dave did a great job! Dave also put up some slats (that's probably not the right word) that were missing on the deck.
He's also done a few other small repairs so it's ready for the inspection.
Here's what we're thinking about for the kitchen. The flooring sample that Dave is holding will actually be the flooring that we do in the living room and family room, too. All the bedrooms, stairs (with the exception of the few into the family room) and hallways will have new carpet. We haven't picked that out yet though. We have, however, already bought all new appliances for the kitchen! yay!
I don't think the picture does the cabinets justice. I am so in love with them. And I'm thinking I want the counters to be more grey than brown, but the ones that I like better are more expensive so we might not be able to get them. I like the one in the pic, I just like another one better.
Anyway, I wanted to post about the house because we are really excited about it. I'll update more and show pics of the work that we do on it after we close. We can't wait to move in!!! We'll paint and do the floors before we move in, we'll probably do the kitchen not long after we move in.
*sigh* I can't wait. Please keep us in your prayers and/or send positive thoughts that we get into the house soon and that no problems arise. Getting the approval for the loan was what I was nervous about even though we were already pre-approved before we even put the offer on the house. I'm glad that we're so close to closing now and everything so far is going good. I pray that it keeps going good!
I've got our apartment mostly packed. Now that the loan approval is there I can finish up besides things that we'll need to use everyday. I'm actually enjoying packing, it doesn't seem like a chore at all. And I know I'm going to love unpacking, I always do, this time it will be even more exciting!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like with all of our stuff in there!!!

























3 comments:
What an amazing home Jamie!! You'll all love it. The back yard is great too, lots of room for the kids to play. Soooo many rooms in the house!!!!! I'm glad you also will have a pantry, just what a cook like you needs to have all your supplies! I'm so excited for you and the family, a place all your own!!
Nice Jamie! This will be an awesome move for your family! I'm excited for you guys, it looks good!
I swear I'm not a stalker, I just realized the thing I commented on fb was your blog and I found this post. It is the house I thought it was and on the 20th picture down (the one of your backyard), I can almost see my best friend's house, but it's a rambler. It's right next door to the house you can obviously see (to the left). There's also another family who I met at the play date and they live on Saguaro closer to 5600 W. So we all live really close :D. And we walk to Heather and Dan's house ALL the time. I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about. Excited for you guys to move in!
Post a Comment