Lately Dawson has been eating less and less baby food. Up until a few days ago he had been eating about 3 jars a day. He hardly ever finished an entire jar, but pretty close. He gets some in the morning, some in the afternoon and some in the evening. But lately he has only been eating about 3 bites out of each jar and then he decides he is finished. I think I know why he does this...it's because when he is finished with the baby food, he gets to feed himself finger foods!
I was unsure whether he just liked the snacks better, OR if it was the fact that he was feeding himself the finger foods. So tonight I decided to try something different. I decided to let him feed himself with a spoon! And he loved it! He did pretty good too! At least for the first 10 or so bites, after that he started swinging the spoon around and food was flying every where. Thank goodness for the plastic mat that we have under his high chair to protect the carpet!
I got a little bit of video of him feeding himself with a spoon for the first time. (If I sound a little stuffy, it's because I am! *lol*)


4 comments:
Aww..Dawson..Getting so big! Feeding himself now. :-) This Video is so cute! I love it.
How sweet! I haven't even tried to give Ashlyn a spoon yet. She hasn't grabbed for it when I'm feeding her so I just haven't thought of it, I guess. Maybe I should try that today. Dawson did great with it!
what a big boy...good job dawson.he looks pretty proud of himself too....luv it.
wow jammers you did a awesome job on your page. you are so creative.....i luv it. xoxox
Post a Comment