A couple weeks ago he started pulling himself up. He usually only pulls himself up to his knees, but one day last week, after I put him to bed he started crying a little bit. I went to see what was wrong and when I opened his bedroom door he was standing up! It was so cute. I wish I had my camera with me! That was almost a week ago and he hasn't done it since, but I'm sure it wont be long before he gets the hang of it and I'll walk in to him standing up again.
He still is not crawling but I think he could be in the Guinness World Record book for the fastest army crawler. *lol* I've been trying to teach him how to crawl by holding him up so his hands and knees are on the floor, but so far I have had no luck with that. All that I got out of it was a backache for leaning over and holding him up. The other day I balled up one of his blankets and used another blanket to tie around him to hold the balled up blanket on his chest. I thought maybe that would help. I couldn't stop laughing after I did it. He didn't seem to mind and it didn't work out at all how I had planned. The balled up blanket ended up on his side and he was army crawlin' around as if there was nothing there.
He loves to stand up! He'll spend a good amount of time standing at his musical table or standing against the couch, playing with whatever I put in front of him. I need to stop standing him up and maybe he'll start pulling himself up. :-P
He has started eating a lot more table foods. In fact I have almost completely given up on baby food. I will try to feed it to him every now and then but he doesn't like me feeding him. He likes to feed himself. Here are some of the new things he has tried:
Toast
Waffles (Regular and Blueberry)
Diced apples, peaches, cantaloupe and plums
Ground beef
Chicken
Broccoli Alfredo
Spaghetti
Mashed Potatoes
Blueberry Muffin
Chicken Noodle
Pot Roast w/veggies
Tater tots
Egg Yolks
Pancakes
I'm sure there is more but that is all that I can think of right now.
He has learned a couple new words, too. Lately his favorite word is "wassat" (what's that). There is a video of his saying it in my previous post in case you missed it. ;-) It's so cute when he says it, he kind of whispers it. :-) He has also started saying "done" although it sounds more like "duh". Whenever he is finished with the food that he gets in his highchair I ask him if he's all done. If I don't notice and ask him right away he says "duh" letting me know that he is finished. :-) And of course he still says mama, dada, and hi! ("Hi" is only every once in awhile) He says a few other things like "ba" and stuff, but they have no meaning as far as I know.
He loves to play patty cake and peek-a-boo. And he loves to give me kisses! He's been giving kisses for months now, but they were few and far between. But lately I have gotten a few kisses everyday for at least the last week! I love it!!! Sometimes I don't even need to ask for one, he just kisses me. (He doesn't actaully kiss, he just opens his mouth and puts it on my lips. The sweetest kisses in the world!) I love it when I'm reading a book to him and there will be a picture of somebody giving kisses, I always make sure to say "Aww! Look they give kisses" as I point to the picture and Dawson will lean over and give me a kiss. Too sweet!
If you are on Twitter and want to know what is going on with Dave's ship you should follow USS_Nimitz. I've been following him for awhile now and he posts some pretty neat stuff. The other day he had a link that showed video of some jets taking off and landing on the ship. I've seen video of it before but it's still so cool to watch!
The Nimitz is in Japan and Dave climbed Mount Fuji yesterday! As soon as he sends me the pictures, I will definitely be putting them in the blog.
I haven't gotten any pictures of Dawson yet today, but I took this picture yesterday during his afternoon nap. He must have been playing with Tigger before he fell asleep.


1 comment:
Awww..Happy 10 Months Dawson! :0) He is so darn cute! I love that video of him saying "whats that"..Oh and the peek a boo!! I just love him. haha. I love hearing and seeing all the new things he does.
Post a Comment