Dave and I went to the hospital at 9:00 p.m. on Friday night for my induction. We had to wait a little over an hour before we got into a room. Once they got us into a room, the induction started pretty quickly.
I think they started the pitocin around 11:00 p.m. They talked to me about getting an epidural and I told them that I wanted to try to do it without it. That didn't last very long.
At about 2:00 a.m. my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and I was in the worst pain I have ever felt, plus some!!! Time for the epidural! Luckily the anesthesiologist wasn't busy when I finally asked for the epidural, he was in the room within 5 minutes.
The epidural kicked in a lot faster than I thought it would and before long I was in no pain and fast asleep.
At about 9:00 a.m. my Mom and Grandma and Dave's Mom and Dad came to the hospital. Just before they got there, the doctor told me the baby needed more oxygen so I had to wear an oxygen mask. I figured I would only have to wear it for a little while but I ended up having to wear it until after I delivered! It was torture! My mouth and throat were so dry and I wanted water so bad!
Not long after that, they came in and stopped the pitocin because they said the baby's heart rate was dropping with every contraction. I think they kept the pitocin off for an hour or two. Once they started it again, they turned it up a lot slower than they turned it up the first time. I think that made it easier on the little guy.

I spent most of the day sleeping off and on and visiting with family. (Thank heaven for that epidural!!!)
After about 20 hours of being in labor, at about 7:00 p.m. I was FINALLY dilated to a 10! I didn't start pushing until 7:30 though. And after an hour of pushing, Dawson was born!


After about 20 hours of being in labor, at about 7:00 p.m. I was FINALLY dilated to a 10! I didn't start pushing until 7:30 though. And after an hour of pushing, Dawson was born!
Dawson Nicholas Harrison
October 25th @ 8:33 p.m.
8 pounds 10 ounces 20 1/2 inches long
October 25th @ 8:33 p.m.
8 pounds 10 ounces 20 1/2 inches long


I had a fever the last few hours that I was in labor and I had terrible back pain right after he was born, so they had to put Dawson and I on antibiotics because they were worried that I had an infection in my uterus.


We picked the name Dawson because it means David's son. We figured it was a way to name him after Dave without using Dave's name. And his middle name, Nicholas is my brothers middle name. So he was named after Dave and Bronson. :-D
I'm so happy he is finally here and I am so in love with him!



No comments:
Post a Comment