The day before the 4th Ashlynn and her friend Avery did each other's nails red, white, and blue so they'd be ready for the holiday! It took them over an hour to finish, I was impressed with their dedication! Both of their backs were hurting by the time they were finished since they were sitting on the floor like this for over an hour.
I'm saving this picture to show their future boyfriends.... 😂😂 I love these goofy girls!!
I didn't take any pictures of breakfast but I made the kids pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream. A red, white, and blue breakfast!
Dave had to work so he was gone most the day but after dinner we had ice cream cones so dad could get in on some holiday fun!
After I took this picture I had to take a couple pictures of them standing back to back. Ash is growing like a weed!!! When they stood back to back Ash didn't seem quite as tall as the picture on the porch but they're both definitely growing!!
After Dave went to bed the kids talked me into letting them do some sparklers.
And we noticed that we could see fireworks from our backyard. We sat out there and watched for a little while until Dawson touched a bee on the swing (eek!) and Ash decided that the fireworks were too loud for her so we went inside for awhile.
We planned to come back out a little later because the moon was so BRIGHT and there was going to be a partial eclipse because the sun was directly opposite the moon and the earth's shadow was going to make the moon a little dimmer. Look at how bright it was!!!
So we came back out to see if we could see the Earth's shadow on the moon at the time that it was supposed to happen but we didn't notice anything. Daws thought the moon was too bright to look at without sunglasses so he ran inside to get some.
And that sums up our 4th of July! It definitely wasn't "normal" but I was with my family and that's all that matters to me!! 💗














No comments:
Post a Comment