Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Day at the Fair

We went to the Utah State Fair yesterday! I won tickets from a blog that I follow and because of Dave's schedule yesterday was the only day that we could go for sure so we went and it was a lot of fun.

One of the first things that we saw was this butter sculpture and it was really cool! It was inspired by The Hunger Games.


I love the "May the odds be ever in your flavor!" And if you look closely you can even see the mockingjay pin.


A jr. high student came up with the idea and here is what was submitted, I love the names. Effie Drinkit, Peeta Moolark, Katniss Heiferdeen, Haymunch Abernathy... So creative!


They had a time lapse video of the butter sculpture being made and Dawson thought it was cool to see.


He also thought these wiggle cars were cool! He was pretty good at driving it too!


Nana took Dawson down a huge slide! I love this picture of the two of them, you can tell they had so much fun and love each other lots!


Dawson wanted to go again and my mom wanted to take Ashlynn. I was a little hesitant at first because the slide was HUGE but they didn't really go down too fast. Here's Dave and Dawson, and my mom and Ashlynn.


I wish this picture would have snapped a little faster (we just took our small, older camera with us so the pics didn't turn out as well as we're used to) but I love this picture because everybody has big smiles on their faces!


Ashlynn had a blast and even wanted to go again!!

The only other ride we went on was the ferris wheel. Dawson and Ashlynn both look like they're sunburned in these pics but they're just hot and have my sensitive skin so they look really red. I promise they're ok! ;)


We all enjoyed the ride. :) (Dawson won that little fish for Ashlynn, he won one for himself, too. Go Daws!)


Our camera stopped working while we were on the ferris wheel, it does that sometimes. It will say "lens error" on the screen and then not turn on. So frustrating! We are talking about replacing it ASAP. We love our nice camera but sometimes it's pain to haul it around, so it will be nice to have a reliable small camera again. 

Anyway, these pics were taken with my phone so they are even worse! *lol* This giant bubble was super cool!


 I love this picture of Ashlynn drinking a frozen strawberry lemonade. It was almost as big as she was! (Please excuse the ugly stroller, we didn't bring ours so we had to rent one.)


We all had a great time!

2 comments:

Christina said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Those butter cows are too cool. :) Aaron has taken Ashlyn on one of those huge slides before. She loved it!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great! We also went to our local fair last Friday with our daughter and the grandsons. It was fun! I love the butter sculptures, I've heard of those.