I had my 36 week doctor's appointment yesterday and the baby and I are both doing well. :-)
She checked for dilation but I haven't dilated at all yet...I still have plenty of time though so I am not worried.
She also checked to see if the baby is head down yet. She said she thought she felt his head at the lower part of my stomach...but she also felt something that could be his head at the top of my stomach! So, she pulled out the ultrasound machine!!!
Dave and I were excited!!! We haven't seen the baby since I was 22 weeks pregnant!!! Unfortunately the ultrasound was really quick (seriously, like less than 30 seconds!) But she confirmed that the baby is indeed head down which is great!!! :-)
I think that's about it. She said she wants to start seeing me weekly, so I was supposed to make my appointment for next Thursday or Friday but they only had one time available both days. Dave likes going to my appointments with me and he wouldn't have been able to come with me at those times... AND the nurse said if we waited until Monday that will give me a few more days to progress so maybe we would get "better news" at my next appointment. I guess she thinks that I should be disappointed that I'm not dilated yet. :-/ I'm not disappointed at all, I think everything is going fine and I'll dilate when I'm ready! :-P Anyways, my next appointment is on Monday the 29th. :-D
Oh yeah...Dave and I have been going to birthing classes twice a week. :-) They are fun and we have learned a lot already. I think we still have 4 more classes to go. Yippee!
And lastly...I wanted to share the "Jackpot" game with you guys...
It's something my family started doing when my sister was pregnant with my niece almost 5 years ago! This will be the 3rd one and I have yet to win...I am hoping to have better luck this time. :-P Anyways, we have been taking guesses on when people think the baby will be born, it's $5 a guess and so far the jackpot is up to $105!
If you want to take a look at the calendar with everybody's guesses you can see it here...
Now, I was thinking it would be fun for my friends to do something like this too. Except we will do it just for fun and not money. (Unless you want to get in on the jackpot, then by all means let me know! :-P)
If you want to make a guess, leave it here and I will make another calendar and send you link so everybody can keep track of the guesses. Only one guess per person. And you have to guess date AND time. :-)
I'll give you a little info to help you make your guess...
According to my doctor and my LMP I am due on October 17th. However, I have had 3 ultrasounds between 10 and 22 weeks and all 3 said he measured a week bigger putting my due date at October 10th.
Let the guessing begin!
Here is the link to the guesses...
JUST FOR FUN!


No comments:
Post a Comment